_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
CaptainA's Feist Ferrarri Build
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
Auto Modeler: 62 posts
Posted: Friday, April 09, 2010 - 10:07 AM UTC
Here are some photo's as to proof that I am actually doing something these days.

Some of the finished componets.

Strictly OOB. If I don't go out and hit the links, I might finish it up in a few days.

Thanks for looking good folk.
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,953 posts
Posted: Friday, April 09, 2010 - 03:12 PM UTC
Very nice Carl, really clean build. I like it a lot.

Cheers, D
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Friday, April 09, 2010 - 04:02 PM UTC
Maaaaan, how do you work on that workbench? Waaaaaay too clean! Ha!...I saw some dust on the dash and the interior tube...there's hope for you yet!

..don't make me post a pic of my workbench!

Nice work... can't wait to see her done and posted.....oh, and we don't pay any attention to rumors.... unless they're about hermon.

{love to aquire one of those two WWI birds but I can't decide from either the DV or the III!}
Loobes
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 409 posts
Auto Modeler: 87 posts
Posted: Friday, April 09, 2010 - 10:24 PM UTC
Very nice build Carl. Which kit is it that you are using?
Bob- Not all of us are as untidy as you, I for one keep my workbench very tidy... In between projects
Cheers

Loobes
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2010 - 12:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Maaaaan, how do you work on that workbench? Waaaaaay too clean! Ha!...I saw some dust on the dash and the interior tube...there's hope for you yet!

{love to aquire one of those two WWI birds but I can't decide from either the DV or the III!}

That is not my workbench. I use that for pics only. The dust is from sitting and waiting. I have sseven cars and 3 airplanes all going right now. This car has been sitting in a tray for over a month. I decided to dust it off, so to say, and finish it off, so I can get it out of the way. The workbench? It's a wood desk, I think.

I am a D.V person. But I have done two Roden D.IIIs. The third Roden D.III is on the bench right now. It is a fantastic kit. Advice? Do both of them. Check out my build thread over on Aeroscale, early aviation. With all the WNW builds going on, I think you can find something you like. As nice as the D.V is, the WNW LVG is amazing.

The kit is the old Tamiya one. It has been in my closet for maybe 10-15 years. I think it is exactly the same as the newer one except for the boxing.

Thanks for looking good folk.
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2010 - 05:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

..." In between projects" Loobes

...what's that?!....there's always something[s} on the table going on around here-
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2010 - 05:48 AM UTC
Carl...."both" is the answer I not only expected but have been considering...but actually I'm quietly waiting for they're HB W-29 floatplane{future work as they told me} which is what I really want! Like some folks here, I like alot of things in the way of models.
The tamiya kits are very nice in my opinion...got a morgan 4/4 started and primed as we speak. My messy workbench is a result of my always having something going on...I never have done just one at a time I guess....ya know I was joking with you about your bench...my photo booth is my only "clean spot". It doesn't matter how you do it or how it gets done...so long as it gets done!
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
Auto Modeler: 522 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2010 - 02:46 PM UTC
Looks great Carl. Reminds me of my Ferrari build, but it was yellow. Only negative I can point out is that I got a slight cramp in my neck while looking at pic's 7 & 8.

Hermon
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2010 - 01:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks great Carl. Reminds me of my Ferrari build, but it was yellow. Only negative I can point out is that I got a slight cramp in my neck while looking at pic's 7 & 8.

Hermon

Point taken. I agree. I did not even notice that before you brought it up. Maybe I should go back to photbucket later, after golf, and "give them a spin"

Bob- I think the HB is due this year. It looks to be a good one to wait for. I have Albatri on my mind, but that D.VII looks like a winner. Right now I am hiding money away for that Gotha. Wow.

Fore!
Mgunns
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,423 posts
Auto Modeler: 1 posts
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 - 06:53 AM UTC
HI Carl;

So this is where you spend your 'free' time? Looking good. I noticed the attention to detail to the shocks. Painting the springs and things. I am not a car person, but I enjoy them and appreciate the craftsmanship invovled in putting one together.

I will be back on the D.II tomorrow. Busy weekend.

L8R
Mark
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 11:11 PM UTC
Looks great so far Carl.
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 - 09:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

So this is where you spend your 'free' time?
L8R
Mark

You found me. Never a spare moment. Gota go, Gota go, Gota go right now. To many things to build, not enough time.

Mark, you should try one. Breaks the monotony of rigging.

Jesper-Thanks. I thought it was going to be a quick build. And it should have been. Too, too many plastic things on my desk right now.
Loobes
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 409 posts
Auto Modeler: 87 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 22, 2010 - 09:34 AM UTC
An progress on this beast?
Cheers

Loobes
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 01:19 AM UTC
I put some glue on the windshield and clamped it into place about 10 days ago, and set it aside. I guess I should see if I can find it. Ooops
 _GOTOTOP