Trucks
Scale truck modeling topics.
359 Pete Expediter finished
animal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Auto Modeler: 217 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 08:14 AM UTC
Thanks goes out to John for the lift gate and to Saul for the fantastic trades which has allowed me to build this. I got the bug to build again and I thank you all for that as well.

[img]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d48/animal1968/32%
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,405 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 02:54 PM UTC
Looks good, Dave. I like it. It's quite fancy.

Jim
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,953 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 11:16 PM UTC
Awesome job Dave, I love it !!
animal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Auto Modeler: 217 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 - 05:06 AM UTC
Thakns Damian.
straightedge
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,352 posts
Auto Modeler: 100 posts
Posted: Friday, April 30, 2010 - 02:57 AM UTC
Dave I really like how you built your lift gate and everything else except one thing I would of done different, and I hope you don't get mad when I say I would of checked on how long of a frame you can stretch it to like 300 and some odd inches for a Peterbuilt has like on my Mack I think the frames go by 6 inch increments like mine is 216 inch wheelbase but I'm not sure how Peterbuilt goes by because I never owned a Peterbuilt so they might go by 6 inch increments but I'm not sure but you should be able to call any dealership and one of the salesmen should be able to tell you, that way your box will look the right length to haul expedited frieght because I remember something about the hotshot haulers had a certain length they had to be to sign on with the company I was leased to so I believe all the other companys had the same rule.

Now if your not sure how to measure your wheelbase you go from the front axle or hub on your front wheel to the middle of your rear axles, not on any of your rear axles but right in the middle inbetween them and that will give you your wheelbase if my memory serves me right.
 _GOTOTOP