_GOTOBOTTOM
Motorcycles
Scale motorcycle modeling topics.
What detail parts should I buy and what size?
shaun655
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Canada
KitMaker: 3 posts
Auto Modeler: 2 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 08:06 AM UTC
I mainly build armor but have done everything else under the sun except cars or bikes. I wanted to try something different and I want to build a 1/12 scale Ducati race bike. I am going to get a few detail items to enhance the kit, but I am not sure what will look to scale on it.

For starters I am going to get the front fork set, and a photo etch fret with brake rotors, but I would like to get some wiring, braided or non-braided, hoses and some carbon fibre decal sheets from possibly Studio 27. With the decal kits you can order it from small to large, and I would like to know what size I should get that will look scale on a 1/12 motorcycle. Second braided lines come in many diameters, what sizes should I order for the MotoGp bike?

Any other advice you may have on detailing sets or photo etch that could enhance my build please share. Thank you to those who share their knowledge and expertise!
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 02:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I mainly build armor but have done everything else under the sun except cars or bikes. I wanted to try something different and I want to build a 1/12 scale Ducati race bike. I am going to get a few detail items to enhance the kit, but I am not sure what will look to scale on it.

For starters I am going to get the front fork set, and a photo etch fret with brake rotors, but I would like to get some wiring, braided or non-braided, hoses and some carbon fibre decal sheets from possibly Studio 27. With the decal kits you can order it from small to large, and I would like to know what size I should get that will look scale on a 1/12 motorcycle. Second braided lines come in many diameters, what sizes should I order for the MotoGp bike?

Any other advice you may have on detailing sets or photo etch that could enhance my build please share. Thank you to those who share their knowledge and expertise!

For the decals I'd look for 1/12 scale so they're proportioned right on the bike.....the braided lines- you'd need to look up the real thing or street version and find out what size they are, then find a model car parts place and buy the needed diameter hose{s}. For a wiring harness I'd look for some thin diameter wire, twist it and hit it with a few coats of semi gloss black to mimic the factory tape wrap.
krow113
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 473 posts
Auto Modeler: 257 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 02:32 PM UTC
I got stuff from Hiroboy.com they carry the bike things.
shaun655
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Canada
KitMaker: 3 posts
Auto Modeler: 2 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 06, 2010 - 05:03 AM UTC
The decal sheets from studio 27 didn't mention scale they say small, medium or large weave. I assume small would look to scale, but I have only seen the decals online never in person. Thanks for the wiring tips I will give that a try, I only have to figure out what size of braided line to order now. I also saw rivets on Hiroboy.com but again I am not sure what sizes to order for a GP style bike so if anyone else does please share.
 _GOTOTOP