_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
Classic Cars
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Auto Modeler: 203 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 02:43 PM UTC
I don't visit here to often, I'm rather surprise that there is no drop down menu for classic cars.
Any whooooo
On my trip back from the AMPS International show, I stop by the Auburn, Cord, Dusenberg Museum down the road apiece from where the AMPS show was held. They have some beautifully restored classics there.
I posted 685 photos of these classics at my smugmug gallery.

Auburn-Cord Dusenberg Museum

casper
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nelson, New Zealand
KitMaker: 395 posts
Auto Modeler: 107 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 10:35 PM UTC
Grumpy,
Many thanks for taking the time to load and share all those truly beautiful classics. Ahhh a time when you could instantly recognise a vehicle make, not like todays McDonalds cars (very thing looks the same ).

Roger
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 11:10 PM UTC
Beautiful beautiful cars. The Dussies in particular. They have always been among my absolute favorit cars.
The museum is on my list of things to see, if I ever get to go to the US. Now I have kind of been there
Thanks for sharing Dave
VonCuda
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
Auto Modeler: 522 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 06, 2010 - 12:21 AM UTC
I can remember 30 years ago going to the local VA hospitol with my dad to a huge car show they had there every summer and seeing the same vintage makes and models. Those pic's brought back some very fond memories of a happy time. Thanks a million Dave for taking the time to post those here.

Hermon
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 06, 2010 - 11:57 AM UTC
Thanks dave...it's nice to see those. You just don't see those on the road anymore these days, but for what they cost, I suppose I'd be leary too!
The craftsmanship they put into those old girls just isn't found now a days and ferrari is the only company I know of who still hand builds cars{may be wrong there though - Morgan?}. The long clean lines and tons of chrome and lil ornamantation everywhere is a thing of the past sadly.
Thanks for sharing!

...it's be nice to do a camapign of just the old classics but there aren't very many models kits available to choose from.......
 _GOTOTOP