1/25 garbage truck WIP
pastafarian
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 207 posts
Auto Modeler: 66 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 - 02:43 AM UTC
-reposted from Scratchbuilders

Hey folks, here's what I've been working on.

Here's what it looks like so far. I need garbage bags, the actuators to open the rear of the truck, more lights, and wiring. Started as an AMT Shorthauler, kept the frame, cab, and engine. I took the rear wheels from another kit (short hauler only had one set, the weight of the garbage truck needed two sets I figured).

A few more pics here:

http://s472.photobucket.com/albums/rr81/pa...arbage%20truck/

John
animal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Auto Modeler: 217 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 - 03:12 AM UTC
Cool build. Got to love the old Fords!
pastafarian
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 207 posts
Auto Modeler: 66 posts
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2010 - 12:48 PM UTC
Thanks Dave. I've wanted to build one for a while. No one would cooperate and release one, so just had to make it up myself

John
straightedge
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,352 posts
Auto Modeler: 100 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 12, 2010 - 01:33 AM UTC
Looks really good so far John and this is what I wanted to do for a long time because I got a couple of real good friends that have a garbage business with a fleet of all kinds of trucks but then when I got to talking with them they were telling me about all the different kinds of packers they have that you can pretty much tell what kind by the way it is designed in the back.

Now I don't know how much research you have done but the only kind of name that I remember now is that one of the packers is the leach kind then I don't remember the names of the other 2 they had, not counting the roll offs and so on, I just thought I would mention this but who knows you probably already know all the kinds of packers there is.

I remember one time my one friend went up to Toledo to pick up his brand new garbage truck that was a single axle and back when the Hess scales were still open he drove into them knowing he was OK because his truck was brand new but then the guy at the scales told him to pull off to the side so he could get his ticket for being over loaded, so then my friend thought what is wrong with this guy because this is a brand new truck and it hasn't even got one candy bar wrapper in the hopper so how can he be over loaded.

Well needless to say the guy at the scales let him go over to the west bound scales and sure enough they told him he was over loaded to so to end this he had to pay the fine and go home to call up the dealer for selling him a truck that was over loaded when it was empty, then he knew to stay away from any of the scales in that truck.
 _GOTOTOP