Scale truck modeling topics.
OTR build 4 - Mack F
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2010 - 06:54 AM UTC
Thinking long term...I'll try and attempt a Mack F model coe provided the decal guy I need to get decals from is caught up by then...however this is what I have on hand to work with. The shown cab had a nasty mold line split on top and back of it that I filled and sanded smooth...it's nearly 90% done now....tiny bit of touching up is still needed. Thick casting but really nice detail work inside and out!

The cab conversion is an ebay find that is most likely and old clint freeman cab - could be wrong but I've never seen dave natale's cabs with the rear mounted AC unit like this one has...hence my opinion{anyone have any thoughts contrary?!}
The frame will most likely be an r685 since I have two more semi built dual drives{ebay once again} to play with as well as a cruiseliner chassis.
Color choice...I have no idea yet, but it'll be with stripes, I know that much!
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,405 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 20, 2010 - 03:31 PM UTC
I've always likes the F-Series for some reason. Just looks like a good fleet truck.

I could be wrong, but it looks like a late interior (post-1972) truck. I do agree that it is probably not a Dave Natel (AITM) casting as Dave's cabs have separate white metal roof lights. It's possible that it's a Clint Freeman cab, but it might also be a Jim Etter cab. Hard to tell. could it be an early Backyard Shed cab?

Jim
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2010 - 02:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I've always likes the F-Series for some reason. Just looks like a good fleet truck.

I could be wrong, but it looks like a late interior (post-1972) truck. I do agree that it is probably not a Dave Natel (AITM) casting as Dave's cabs have separate white metal roof lights. It's possible that it's a Clint Freeman cab, but it might also be a Jim Etter cab. Hard to tell. could it be an early Backyard Shed cab?

Jim

Jim Etter cab...hadn't thought of that...that's a possibility too. It's an old cab cast of some kind. I doubt it's a backyard shed cab...way too thick for his work from what I've seen of. The dash is really nice and it even has wrinkles in the bed sheets...someone put some nice detail into it either way cept for that nasty mold split line on top, but I fixed that. The only air bubbles in it are on the tips of the running lights on the roof and I sanded those down enough to remove the majority of it. My intent when buying this was to cut it down to a daycab, but it's too nice for that...I'll find another one for a daycab someday.
 _GOTOTOP