Trucks
Scale truck modeling topics.
AMT White Freightliner
animal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Auto Modeler: 217 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 05:04 AM UTC
Here is a new project that I am starting It is the AMT White Freightliner that I was able to pick up at our new Hobby Lobby for $14.00.

viper29_ca
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
Auto Modeler: 95 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 08:49 AM UTC
Smoking deal! Way below cost. New store opening sale? Or were they just getting rid of them?
animal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 10:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Smoking deal! Way below cost. New store opening sale? Or were they just getting rid of them?

40% off coupon and new store special
animal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, September 24, 2010 - 10:38 AM UTC
I got a little more done. Most of the chassis is complete and painted. Still have to add the fuel tanks which I have to paint. Not a good day here with all the rain and humidity.The chassis is painted a dark blue and the cab and tanks, along with the wheels are will be painted a "peekaboo" blue.

old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 25, 2010 - 05:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

40% off coupon and new store special

I love that 40% coupon...it got me a few amt truck kits cheap!...it's nice to see them stock the semi trucks too.
animal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, September 25, 2010 - 01:17 PM UTC
I wish that they would stock m,ore of them though. They only have this truck and the two snap Revell's in stock. I have been talking to the department Mgr. about it and he is going to see if he can get more of the AMT kits along with the trailers also. Hope that he can do it.
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 25, 2010 - 03:49 PM UTC
Wonder why Scott pulled his post.......?
Both the Hl's here on either side of town have female managers for that...I make sure to bring the boy with{5yrs old} any time I inquire about them getting certain kits in... without having to tell him anything, he always blurts out that "daddy and I need to build that one"...how could they no to that lil face!
Our west side store had the repop stakebed ford coe in last week...I passed on it in favor of another FL to someday build a super sleeper cab.
Oh, start watching around thanksgiving thru christmas for the K-123!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lone-ronin
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Mississippi, United States
KitMaker: 147 posts
Auto Modeler: 1 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 26, 2010 - 04:22 AM UTC
Wow, that kit brings back some fond old memories!!! I built one just like it when I was a kid...my first semi model. I had no idea the AMT truck kits were still around. Might have to see if I can find one for old time's sake. Thanks for sharing!
viper29_ca
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
Auto Modeler: 95 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 26, 2010 - 09:35 AM UTC
Yeah the AMT trucks are being re-released by Round 2, whom now have the rights for all of the AMT, MPC and Ertl kits.

Next ones out are:

White Road Boss - Sometime in Sept.....so likely be released next week sometime

Fruehauf Box Trailer in November

Fruehauf Texaco Tanker Trailer in October.

AS well the Kenworth K-123 is supposed to be out at some point, rumors before Xmas, but is not on the Round 2 site as of yet. My guess would be a December release however.
animal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, September 26, 2010 - 11:33 AM UTC
got a little more done today.

animal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, September 26, 2010 - 11:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Yeah the AMT trucks are being re-released by Round 2, whom now have the rights for all of the AMT, MPC and Ertl kits.

Next ones out are:

White Road Boss - Sometime in Sept.....so likely be released next week sometime

Fruehauf Box Trailer in November

Fruehauf Texaco Tanker Trailer in October.

AS well the Kenworth K-123 is supposed to be out at some point, rumors before Xmas, but is not on the Round 2 site as of yet. My guess would be a December release however.

Great news. I want to get all of these kits and at least two of the White Road Boss.
 _GOTOTOP