_GOTOBOTTOM
The Garage
For general automotive modeling or non-modeling topics.
Hudson Hornet, from Moebius
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 05, 2011 - 03:57 AM UTC
Hi Guy's
Moebius have announced a 1/25 model of a 1953 Hudson Hornet. Should be available in february.
Don't know much about Moebius. I know of their monster series, but have never seen cars, from them. Have you guy's seen cars from them?
Looks to be a pretty detailed kit.
http://www.modelroundup.com/category-s/127.htm
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,405 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 05, 2011 - 07:49 AM UTC
Jesper,

Moebius is trying to get into the 1/25 scale automotive market with the 1953 hudson Hornet & the 2010 International LoneStar. I believe that both kits are new tooling, unlike the Round2/AMT & Revell reissues.

Here's the test shot of the LoneStar
viper29_ca
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
Auto Modeler: 95 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 05, 2011 - 08:18 AM UTC
The Lonestar is probably going to be late March, the Hudson probably late April. It was supposed to be out in late Feb, but they found some things on the test shot that they didn't like, and sent it back to have the tooling tweaked, which is going to set the Hudson back a bit.

The Lonestar I believe is just waiting on approval for the box art, and it should be ready to go, at least that is what Frank told me last week.

They are also doing a '55 Chrysler 300 which should be out late Summer if all goes well.

http://dmetzner.smugmug.com/Cars/1955-Chrysler-C-300/13100296_mYtSu#949714014_mmjuR

I know I have heard a few people grumbling about the delay of the Hudson, but I commend Moebius for sending the first test shot back to have it tweaked. I would rather wait another month or so to get something that is as close to "right" as possible, rather than something that was sub-standard. All this has done is shown us that Moebius cares about their customers, and their customer's opinions of their product, and they should be commended for it. Other companies would have just passed it off as "good enough" and put the kit out, knowing that people would buy it anyway.
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 05, 2011 - 12:58 PM UTC
I'll wait...I'm heading for the "300" myself{yeah, I like mopars}.
While I can't comment on all the current offerings they have out, I can add this, I have seen very few folks dissapointed with the products, which means it's worth the wait...they do like to go the full gambit on research or tweeking till they're happy - so we are.
I truely hope they continue with the cars line up...I'd love to see another hat in the ring for the added variety!
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 06, 2011 - 11:10 PM UTC
That '55 300 is a real beauty. Both cars are now on my list of kits to buy.
I'm really looking forward to seeing the quality of these kits.

Thanks guy's.
 _GOTOTOP