_GOTOBOTTOM
Paint & Finish
For automotive paint and finishing topics.
NEWS
AK interactive Ratz, Rods and Rust
c5flies
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Auto Modeler: 294 posts
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2011 - 01:41 PM UTC
Dr. Cranky from his Lab-RAT-ory and AK interactive are getting ready to get their know-how and products into the realm of cars with this new book showing how to achieve heavy weathering and other goodies.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
viper29_ca
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
Auto Modeler: 95 posts
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2011 - 05:39 PM UTC
Confusing.....is it a DVD? or a Book? At first it says DVD, but then talks about 120pages and over 200 photos.
c5flies
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2011 - 02:18 AM UTC
My typo...it is a book...sorry for the confusion. I'm off to write 'book' 100 times on the blackboard......
doctorcranky
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 4 posts
Auto Modeler: 3 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2011 - 02:07 AM UTC
Greetings all you CRANKYHEADS out there, Doctor Cranky is here to answer any questions you might have about this wonderful collaboration between AK-Interactive and Doctor Cranky's Lab-RAT-ory. I poured my heart (and mind) into this book, so I hope everyone finds it useful at the bench and fun to read.
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2011 - 04:00 AM UTC
Doc, I've seen your handywork in Model Cars magazine and am a fan. Where do you come up with some of those ideas for your builds? What's your muse?

I'd like to get that book for added ideas and insite.....will the book be offered thru AKi or will there be another{other} source{s}?
doctorcranky
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2011 - 10:29 AM UTC
Thank you, yes, I believe it will also be available through AK-INTERACTIVE USA. I hope to be able to have copies available through my own website which should open by this coming Friday just in time for the book to be released.

Thank you for the kind words. I've been a big fan of the artistic genius of Mig Jimenez for years and what makes him a genius is not his great models (although those are AMAZING), what makes him so good is the fact he is a true Alchemist when it comes to coming up with great products, which Doctor Cranky has adopted in his tool arsenal in the Lab-RAT-ory.
c5flies
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2011 - 12:28 PM UTC
Doc, great to see you here. Iain at AK interactive USA believes the book should be in soon and hopefully we'll have a copy to review asap from him...just to get everyone drooling...

When you get your website up and running let me know ([email protected]) and I'll add a link in the news.
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2011 - 10:33 AM UTC
Oh yeah, we{I} need a go to place for these pearls of wisdom and ideas. My LHS is having issues since last fall- seems they can't get in Model car mag for nothing so I've been left out in the cold for good reading and ideas....cept here of course!
doctorcranky
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2011 - 01:40 PM UTC
Thanks, my friend, I will, it should be up and running by this coming weekend. I will keep you posted.
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 11:09 PM UTC
Very good news, very good indeed.
Would be nice to see a few pics, from the book.
Definitely sounds like a must have
vonHengest
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Auto Modeler: 40 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 02:08 PM UTC
I was actually under the impression that this was going to be a DVD as well. I'm glad it's a book and I'm really looking forward to seeing it.
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 01:09 PM UTC
Just found the Book on the USA site- here's a link folks for those of you who are interested-
Ratz, rods and rust- USA book
 _GOTOTOP