_GOTOBOTTOM
The Garage
For general automotive modeling or non-modeling topics.
Campaign Invite: Marine Cops Campaign
grayghost666
KitMaker: 2,458 posts
Auto Modeler: 6 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 22, 2011 - 11:08 AM UTC
Hello All,
I am running a Marine Corps Campaign and thought that the AutoModlerer members might want to join up. The time line is ancient to present time and any Marine Corps in history. the scale is 1:6 to 200mm and I think a few crash trucks or pre ww2 staff cars might spice up the campaign.
The campaign is over at Armorama for you to see the rules, I hope some of you will join up.
Cheers,
Bruce
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2011 - 10:25 AM UTC
The best I could do would be the 1/25 Hogan's Heros jeep, an old Tamiya half track or a Bilek jeep ambulance.....the campaign was "marine corps cops" right?
grayghost666
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2011 - 12:46 PM UTC
Hello Bob,
Anything that is or was Marine Corps is allowed. Looking through some of my reference books I found a Coke-Cola Truck painted badly green with the fouled anchor on the door during the Philippines fighting in 1941-42.
So the area is wide open.
There is a race car sponsored by the USMC I have seen in some of the few races I have watched.
So the field is wide open on vehicles, Just try to back it up with some sort of info, Please.
Cheers,
Bruce
PS :
The Marine Corp did have Cops.
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2011 - 03:52 PM UTC
Hmmm, just found two usable items;
- 1/25 Cat D-8 crawler
- 1/25 Backyard shed's 1942 GMC resin cab kit and wheels...could go as a tractor....dump...cargo

My only question is how did the Marines differ their rides markings from the Army?
grayghost666
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2011 - 04:21 PM UTC
Hello Bob,
Just green color and fouled anchor design plus unit number and you have a US Marine corps vehicle.
I could see if I have a few photos in my collection, I if wamt me to look?
I am hoping that others at autoModeler will want to join in also.
Cheers,
Bruce
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2011 - 11:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello Bob,
Just green color and fouled anchor design plus unit number and you have a US Marine corps vehicle.
I could see if I have a few photos in my collection, I if wamt me to look?
I am hoping that others at autoModeler will want to join in also.
Cheers,
Bruce

Yes please..I haven't found any official marine trucks yet thru searches...I'd like to see how they mark them.
windysean
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,917 posts
Auto Modeler: 268 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 09:43 AM UTC
On the one hand, it's amusing to watch you two go back and forth, on the other, you're probably getting frustrated.
here is a list of USMC vehicles from Wikipedia. Especially note the "retired" ones from years past.
and according to this , USMC vehicles tend to only have "USMC" and the serial number on them. Not much else. The Army has the elaborate unit markings and that.
cheers!
-Sean.
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 10:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

On the one hand, it's amusing to watch you two go back and forth, on the other, you're probably getting frustrated.
here is a list of USMC vehicles from Wikipedia. Especially note the "retired" ones from years past.
and according to this , USMC vehicles tend to only have "USMC" and the serial number on them. Not much else. The Army has the elaborate unit markings and that.
cheers!
-Sean.

Well...I know the marines have to have something in the way of markings but all I've ever really seen is the army stuff-
You gonna step up and join in?...come on, we need afew more of us regulars here!
Oh, thanks for the input, I'll go check it out after this post.
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, May 29, 2011 - 04:16 AM UTC
I'm in....nice to have time till december to get things ready!

Come on guys...join in, we need to show the armor guys what kind of trucks we can build..."Marine" is just another color version and style........

I'm in with the new Italeri jeep kit #3721 since it has the soft top included and it's 1/24.
 _GOTOTOP