_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
Would anyone be interested in these decals?
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 07:56 AM UTC
I just heard back from Mr Jim Botanis of J-Bot decals and he is willing to do the "Bat Parachute Pickup service" decals for me for my Jimmy Flintstone resin A-100 van body...he also said he could do a "Gotham City Police" car door badge and plates and a "Anti-lunatic Squad" badge for a van with plates....mind you this is for the "origonal TV series Batman vehicles" and not anything newer.
You know that the 1/25 scale Batmobile is due out sometime this year and this van set would make a great sidekick for that car....as well as the police car or the Anti-Lunatic Squad.
For my alone interests please post here if your interested, but also ask J-Bot decals too.
Jimmy Flintstone makes the resin A-100 van body{$10-$15} that uses the Lindberg A-100 lil red wagon truck kit{$10-$15] as a base for it...those are still plentiful.
Oh, if memory serves, Jim said the parachute pickup decals would be around the $6.00 mark and have plates too.
Who else is in aside from me?!
J-Bot decals
Here I'll show you the forum I found when searching for the van...see the exact van I'm speaking of on page 2 by "Rockinroller"...this is the one I'm going to make as well. He did a beautiful job of it!
batmobile forum
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 09:56 AM UTC
Hmmm, 50 some views but no responces- I admit I'm surprised. Anyway, I just got off the horn with Jim Botanis of JBot and he's going to do these. The actual price should be $10.00 a set and I appologize for earier saying around $6, so blame me.
When they get here I'll post my build up using them so you folks can see what they are...given when I do get them due to the current canadian postal strike...."murphy's law"!
Look for an update when they get here.......in the mean time I can repaint my van body in the correct "tamiya coral blue".....my dumb butt grabbed and used "tamiya light blue" ....and of course find one or two more van bodies as well.
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2011 - 02:53 AM UTC
I just got the 1st draft proofs for the Gotham city decals from Jim Botaitis and they look good! He's added a police car marking, anti lunatic squad, multiple plates for city and batmobile and the batmobile parachute pick up decals...he had two sets of the parachute decals- one with a blueish green background and one with just lettering but I added the background color may conflict with any paint we may use for the van so we're looking for some filler decals to take they'r place.
What would you folks want to see on there?! Now's the time to chime in-
windysean
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,917 posts
Auto Modeler: 268 posts
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2011 - 04:26 AM UTC
Bob, that's a neat project that you are doing and that rockinroller has done (although slanty). I agree with other comments on Kitmaker that resin can really add up cost-wise, so while it's cool to have a Bat Parachute Recovery service van (the joke was hilarious on both episodes), it's difficult to justify the price. No offense to Jim for his excellent decals and to you for leading this charge.
I'd consider making a Gotham Police car sometime down the road-- after the Batmobile itself.
Keep up the good work!
thanks,
Sean.
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 12:10 PM UTC
Jim said to go ahead and show you guys what he has in mind...and to generate interest, so here we go.
This would allow the buyer many possibilities;
-batmobile plate options
-bat parachute pickup service van and plates
-gotham police vehicle
-gotham TV van
-anti lunatic van

Now, according to Jim, the bat parachute pickup van has a slightly off colored box/surround around the lettering and from what I've seen on the pick he's right- but I think that just lettering would be the way to go....thoughts?
Oh, the above sheet is to be $10.00.
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 12:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Bob, that's a neat project that you are doing and that rockinroller has done (although slanty). I agree with other comments on Kitmaker that resin can really add up cost-wise, so while it's cool to have a Bat Parachute Recovery service van (the joke was hilarious on both episodes), it's difficult to justify the price. No offense to Jim for his excellent decals and to you for leading this charge.
I'd consider making a Gotham Police car sometime down the road-- after the Batmobile itself.
Keep up the good work!
thanks,
Sean.

Hmmmm, I don't know chief- with the rising cost of most 1/25 car kits hitting the near $24 and semi truck kits at $35 and up, I'd put afew more bucks into something I really wanted to build just to be able to build it....and you know what armor kits regularly go for at $45 and up! I'm good for searching ebay for what I need for a base kit at a cheap price...even occasional swap meets around here too. The cheaper I can lay hands on potencial build kits, the better!

I mean, I know where your at with the cost of a kit plus PE thing...I'm not one to go and spend more on the "added stuff" than I did for the kit...one of the reasons I swayed away from armor as well as burnout. However, I have spent added costs for some really nice decals for semi trucks and cars before and won't stop there..I'm just now looking into "real oem paint" for some of my car kits to do them as I want.

Oh, "rockinroller" did the nice van if you scroll down that thread...another guy did the slanted version.
philp
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 122 posts
Auto Modeler: 1 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 24, 2011 - 04:59 AM UTC
I picked up the new Batmobile kit a couple weeks ago and had been thinking a Bat Parachute pickup van would be a neat idea no one else would think of

Then when I go to research it I find this. Guess great minds think alike. I will have to get with JBot and see about a set of decals for me and I appreciate the info on how to make the van. Now gotta find the bits.

Not really a car guy but loved the show when I was a kid and still get a kick out of it when I find it on the tube (especially when Julie Newmar guest villained, meow).
AJLaFleche
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Auto Modeler: 41 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 24, 2011 - 07:13 AM UTC
Correced link: Jbot
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, July 24, 2011 - 10:51 AM UTC
I've got a few other irons in the fire, but I did get the body painted here and the semi rebuilt ebay chassis I got a while ago-

The rims are next but I'm wondering whether I should use white walls or black walls.....and maybe a hemi.
windysean
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,917 posts
Auto Modeler: 268 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 24, 2011 - 03:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hmmmm, I don't know chief- with the rising cost of most 1/25 car kits hitting the near $24 and semi truck kits at $35 and up, I'd put afew more bucks into something I really wanted to build just to be able to build it....and you know what armor kits regularly go for at $45 and up! I'm good for searching ebay for what I need for a base kit at a cheap price...even occasional swap meets around here too. The cheaper I can lay hands on potencial build kits, the better!

Bob,
You make a good point. My head is sometimes still in 1980's pricing. Even as cheap as I am, when I want to make something specific, cost concerns take a back seat-- especially something so well-researched and -executed.
Thanks again!
-Sean.
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 10:39 AM UTC
No problem. I just got my set the other day as you can see in the last pic, but it seems Jim doesn't have them listed on his site yet...I bet eh will soon since the snapo kit is out now.
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 10:07 AM UTC
My van is getting closer now and I've already started research on the police car...a 1967 Plymouth Belveder 4 door sedan. No known vehicle of that is around so I have to tweek something to get what I want, so the car kit of choice is the Revell '67 GTX hemi #7359 to be converted into a 4 door. I just fou8nd some nice side shots of both the 2 and 4 door versions so I can see about filling and rescribing the body into a 4 door along with some interior and rear roof work..give me some time on that one!
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 03:48 PM UTC
Question- Redlines or Whitewalls?
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States