Scale truck modeling topics.
1974 Kenworth W900L
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,405 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 03:33 PM UTC
So, I've managed to get a little bench time (not exactly sure how), and I've made some progress on my 1974 Kenworth W900L. It's basically a "box stock" build with some tweeks. I stripped the chrome off the tanks, and painted them to match the frame. The only things I've added so far are the filter decals on the frame mounted fuel filters, and the "Alcoa Wheels" logos to the wheels.

Thanks for looking!

Jim
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, September 08, 2011 - 02:51 PM UTC
Just so you guys don't think I've been a total slacker on this build, here are a couple of shots of the interior that I managed to complete between the Mack Cruiseliner & the livestock trailer.

Jim
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 02:33 AM UTC
I was really hoping to have a better update for you guys on this since it's been 3-1/2 years since I worked on this. Some of that was due to painting issues, but that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, since I pulled this one off the "Shelf of Shame" to try & finish it up it has been a real fight! Seems like every time I glue something on, something falls off! I went to glue the cab on, and the left fuel tank broke off causing the hood to fall off. Ok, so the hood wasn't such a big deal as I was going to take that off anyway, but I would have like to do it a little more gently. Then, trying to get the fuel tank back on, the air tank falls off! So I finally get everything glued back on (except the hood), and I manage to get the mirrors, marker lights, & horns on. I go to glue the air cleaners on, and they don't fit! The piping is too short. Not a total disaster since I can't get them to say on anyway, and in working with the air cleaners & piping, the engine breaks loose. Moving on to the exhaust system, I was trying to line up the exhaust tubing with the stacks and the cab falls off. It almost went across the room at that point.

So, here is where it's at. I really hope it won't be another 3-1/2 years before the next update.

Note air cleaner on the bench & not on the truck!

Well, the mirrors, marker lights, & horns look good.

Jim
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 953 posts
Auto Modeler: 157 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 02:59 AM UTC
Looks good Jim...

http://www.facebook.com/povHG
http://battletankpower.blogspot.com/
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 07:05 AM UTC
Thanks, Hakan.

Jim
BigfootV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 1,624 posts
Auto Modeler: 216 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 08:59 PM UTC
Hello James,

Good to see ya back at it. Don't feel so bad, the Pete has been in and out of mothball also. Life happens.

See ya in the funnies................
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2015 - 01:23 AM UTC
Good point, Brian.

Jim
BigfootV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 1,624 posts
Auto Modeler: 216 posts
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2015 - 06:35 AM UTC
Hello Jim,

Hopefully I'll have an update soon on that build. Just moved everything into the laundry room in the apartment today. Thank God I don't own a washer/dryer anymore.

See ya in the funnies...............
 _GOTOTOP