Scale truck modeling topics.
The 'Wrecker
ti
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Dalarnas, Sweden
KitMaker: 2,264 posts
Auto Modeler: 210 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 06:13 AM UTC
This is an old man F90 Commander Kit from Italeri which I bought on eBay for about 1.5 years ago. Some parts were missing, especially the instructions but got help Nick(thanks Nick), who kindly scanned another version of the F90, which had more or less similar building design.

I decided to deviate from the kit's original finish kit, as usual, and do something different. This building, I called the "Wrecker". This is a private owner's modification that resulted in what you see now. I still have little left to add such as, adding horns, the owner's sign and a little more 'weathering'.

Hope you like the results.

jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,405 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 06:33 AM UTC
Amazing job, Charles. I like it a lot.

Jim
ti
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Dalarnas, Sweden
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 08:24 AM UTC
Thanks Jim. Always appreciate your support. BTW, you are an inspiration to me if you did not know it.
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 10:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks Jim. Always appreciate your support. BTW, you are an inspiration to me if you did not know it.

..oh sure, give the man a big head!
Charles, I, like a few other folks here, have quite a few of the old Italeri kits on hand...if you find yourself an oldy and need instructions just give us a yell bud.
I still need the rest of the Far west trucking trees to be able to build my semi kit-Tree E{trailer ends/bits} and Tree G{clear parts}...one of these days I hope to nail those since Italeri has been no help to me thru 3 emails.
BTW- nice build up as always...I keep asking myself why I got that accessory kit with the boom{I wanted just the lift platform from it} and seeing your build just might inspire me to use it somehow. In your application, what is the use of the crane arm for since the 5th wheel is removed for no trailer?...just a mobil lift? Just asking....
ti
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Dalarnas, Sweden
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 11:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

..oh sure, give the man a big head!
Charles, I, like a few other folks here, have quite a few of the old Italeri kits on hand...if you find yourself an oldy and need instructions just give us a yell bud.
I still need the rest of the Far west trucking trees to be able to build my semi kit-Tree E{trailer ends/bits} and Tree G{clear parts}...one of these days I hope to nail those since Italeri has been no help to me thru 3 emails.
BTW- nice build up as always...I keep asking myself why I got that accessory kit with the boom{I wanted just the lift platform from it} and seeing your build just might inspire me to use it somehow. In your application, what is the use of the crane arm for since the 5th wheel is removed for no trailer?...just a mobil lift? Just asking....

There is a connector at the back of the truck. I guess you missed it. The owner substituted the fifth wheel for a trailer hitch or whatever they are called.. So he has the possibility to add a trailer at the back. Otherwise there would be no point of the crane, as you said.
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,405 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 03:25 PM UTC
I'm an inspiration to you? I'm flattered. Your builds are always so amazing, mine are basically box-stock with a couple of extras. I am learning, though. Maybe I'll even weather one, one of these days. My Alaskan Hauler, maybe?

Tak,
Jim
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 04:13 PM UTC
Got it, I saw the pintle hook set up for pulling a trailer, I just didn't know if your truck was a special purpose rig the way she was set up. Is that a pulling bar up front of her? Trucks on your side of the pond do some things differently from ours...I mean in design. Euro Cattle trucks, tankers, 8 wheeled trucks, 6 wheeled trailers...it's different from ours and that's why I like it...I just haven't built any yet because I don't understand how it should be set up or properly look. That's why I ask dumb questions I guess...only way to learn.......
ti
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Dalarnas, Sweden
Posted: Monday, August 01, 2011 - 12:36 AM UTC
No dumb question at all Bob.
 _GOTOTOP