_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
Bburago kits
mebucko
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 116 posts
Auto Modeler: 4 posts
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2011 - 07:34 AM UTC
Hello!
I am new to auto modelling, and was trying to find a site where I could purchase 1/18 Bburago kits, specifically their Jaguar XKE(#15024) and their Porsche 911(#15038) in the US. I have had no success, other than ebay, and shipping from overseas is pricey!!
Thanks for any advice you can give, and,
Cheers!
Bill
gaborka
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Borsod-Abauj-Zemblen, Hungary
KitMaker: 626 posts
Auto Modeler: 29 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 08, 2011 - 08:16 AM UTC
Hello,

while I cannot help you in purchasing Bburago kits in the US (sorry for that), I can tell you these are rather simplistic pre-painted screw-fixed models. This is not a problem, but Bburago tends to be "box scale" instead of exact 1/18 in your case.

If you take the scale serious you might want to look around to see the range of other manufacturers (Maisto, Mondo Motors, etc.) - there are many of them.

mebucko
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
Posted: Thursday, September 08, 2011 - 09:32 AM UTC
Hello Gabor!
Thank you very much for the information! I had not heard of Mondo before, and they do make some kits. Being new to autos, I have a lot to learn!
I would also look for plastic kits in 1/18 or larger. I did not realize Bburago was not true to scale, but I could accept that, if they were the only manufacturer of one that I wanted to "build".
It seems as if 1/24 and 1/25 are the most available scales, with the most variety.
Thanks again, and Cheers!
Bill
SHarjacek
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 977 posts
Auto Modeler: 53 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 08, 2011 - 09:45 AM UTC
There are also some better company's if your going for die-cast like autoart,kyosho or minichamps.

Kind regards,Sven.
mebucko
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
Posted: Thursday, September 08, 2011 - 01:42 PM UTC
Hello, Sven!
Thank you! I will definitely check them out.
Thanks for the response!
Cheers,
Bill
 _GOTOTOP