Scale truck modeling topics.
2011 International LoneStar
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,405 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 08:05 AM UTC
Here are few pics of my 2011 International LoneStar for Warren Transport. I managed to finish this up last night. The cab/sleeper & hood are Testors Boyd Grape Pearl, and the frame is Dupli-Color Gloss Black. I used the Warren Transport decals from the KFS US Cab Artwork Set #1, the DOT tape is from JBOT, and the Texas license plates are from the Revell of Germany Kenworth W900.

All in all, the build went well; but I must admit that the cab really gave me fits! I am quite pleased with the results.

Jim
old-dragon
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,620 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 03:54 AM UTC
Great work!
-Odd question though, in pic 3 I see two bumps either side of the license plate...aren't those tail lights?...I don't have the kit so I can't tell.
horsegunner
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 347 posts
Auto Modeler: 55 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 04:06 AM UTC
Lonestar looks good. Did you have isues fitting the engine to the frame (I know I did)? The taillights need paint to complete it. I am building another one with a resin Cummins ISX engine to replace the MaxxForce 15 - much more common to see in the real trucks (we see more of them with the Cummins engine at the dealer I work at than the MaxxForce engine).
It is a great kit, and fun to build. Hopefully Moebius releases more new truck kits.

Art
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 05:19 AM UTC
Thanks, guys.

Bob, the tail lights are on the chrome mudflap hangers. It's a little different than what I'm used to as well.

Art, no I didn't have any trouble with the fit of the MaxxForce that I can remember. The exahust system & air intake piping was a little tricky, though. Yes, it does seem like the Cummins ISX is more popular than the MaxxForce.

Also, Moebius has scheduled fro Spring release a International ProStar & a 53ft Great Dane reefer trailer. Hopefully the ProStar will sell well, too; and we'll see more truck releases from International in the future. Maybe a WorkStar or a PayStar? Do they share the same cab? I know the LoneStar & ProStar do.

Jim
horsegunner
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 02:41 PM UTC
Workstars are based on the 7000 series trucks, and the Paystars are based on the 5000 series trucks, both utilizing different cabs; although the Paystar/Workstar do have some interchangeability amongst parts used. The Paystar cab really hasn't changed much from the old AMT kit of the same.

Art
horsegunner
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 03:21 PM UTC
Jim:

PM me with your e-mail address, I will attempt to send you some line drawings of the different cabs used by Navistar.

Art
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, December 19, 2011 - 01:41 AM UTC
PM sent.

Jim
 _GOTOTOP