_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
Ford Pinto Hatch Back I Believe it is called
straightedge
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,352 posts
Auto Modeler: 100 posts
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2012 - 12:13 AM UTC
The Question I have is does anyone know if any Model company made a model of a Ford Pinto with the big glass like a hatch back on the rear of the car. Any of the normal sizes are fine or even bigger, I just like to stay away from anything smaller then 25 the bigger the better and still in the box,where no one tried to put it together.
Thank You Very Much for your time now in case I don't have the time to thank you later.
Kerry
AJLaFleche
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Auto Modeler: 41 posts
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2012 - 12:46 AM UTC
There are several on Ebay right now in 1/24 or 1/25 by AMT and MPC. iirc, there was a large scale kit as well, possibly by MPC.
straightedge
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 12:44 AM UTC
Wow that is a long name you got there Flech, I appoligize for shortening it a little or for bothering you for your time again but by any chance did you happen to keep the address at E-Bay so you could write it down for me so I won't be all day surfing around E-Bay trying to find these Ford Pinto models I sure would appreciate it Thank You Very Much Signed Kerry.
viper29_ca
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
Auto Modeler: 95 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2012 - 03:49 AM UTC
Just put Pinto into the search on Ebay, and then go to the Toys & Hobbies section and look under Auto Models....took all of 30secs to find.
straightedge
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 24, 2012 - 03:36 AM UTC
I thank you Scott for the directions to them Ford Pintos other wise I would of been a long time looking for them.
bzak
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 264 posts
Auto Modeler: 1 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 02:31 AM UTC
Howdy,

I believe the Ford Pinto Runabout is what it was called. Had a 1972 one back in the day. Our dog loved the big glass hatch in back. We would put the seat down and let her run wild when we went to a drive in movie.

Too bad most models are of the competition or street rod variety, would love to do a stock version some day.

Brian Riedel
Beetlejuice
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 10 posts
Auto Modeler: 1 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 08:08 AM UTC
There's the 1975 Hatchback from AMT, a mid-70's wagon too I think from MPC. Those puppies are going for outrageous prices now on Ebay. Last one I saw was around $100! Best way to do it is if you find one to bid on, just watch it! Then wait for the last minute or two and place a high bid if you really want one bad. Just did that recently with an AMT 76 Camaro and got a kit in perfect shape for $50.
 _GOTOTOP