Scale truck modeling topics.
1976 Chevrolet Titan/90
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,405 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 02:26 PM UTC
So here is my latest creation: a 1976 Chevrolet Titan/90. The idea was for a begining owner/operator type of tractor so it's pretty plain. I wanted to do a Michigan-style tractor, but the pin-stripes kept self-destructing. Oh, well, so now it's from Iowa!

The build is basicly box-stock with a few additions (like all of my others). The DC Trucking logos & ICC numbers are from the AMT International Transtar 4300; while the fuel tags, vent decorations, & "37" flags are from the Titan kit. I was just going to use the wipers from the kit, but they are too horrible for words, so I replaced them with KFS wipers. One stack is from the Titan kit, and the other one is from the GMC Astro/95 kit. They are the "single stack option" stacks painted with Dupli-Color Bumper Chrome and aliminum tube tops. The Chevrolet "Bowtie" flap logos are from Jbot. I'm not a big fan of the horns in the kit, so I replace them with horns from one the Revell USA snap kits (some of the better kit horns in my opinion). The frame deck plating is from the parts box (I think Tim Ahlborn sent it to me about three years ago).

Anyway, that's the build. I'm going to try and get some outside shots during the week if the weather cooperates.

The inspiration:

Jim
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,405 posts
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2012 - 04:50 AM UTC
Not exactly sure why I'm posting these, but I managed to get a couple of outside shots today of the Chevrolet Titan/90 with my 1975 Wilson livestock trailer. Seemes appropriate for a cabover from Iowa!

I need a better base.

Jim
 _GOTOTOP