_GOTOBOTTOM
The Garage
For general automotive modeling or non-modeling topics.
Class farm tractors
russamotto
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
Auto Modeler: 50 posts
Posted: Monday, July 09, 2012 - 03:40 PM UTC
I don't know if this is the right place for this posting, but I thought these were pretty neat. Every 4th of July here the parade is fairly simple. Old tractors, a few classic cars, a wagon with veterans and lots of kids. The tractors are put on display in the city park along with a few classic cars and this year a few old military vehicles. The McCormick tractors all look the same but they are all different model years.

dioman13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Auto Modeler: 4 posts
Posted: Monday, July 09, 2012 - 11:49 PM UTC
Hey Russ, may not belong here but man did it bring back some memmories. We had an old international tractor and as the oldest it was my job to mow and plow. I remember in the winter taken ahold of the crank and turning it around and arounde to get compression to kick her over. If you cranked to far she would kick and toss you across the barn. 1rst time funny, 2nd not so, as it would darn near take your arm out of the socket if you did not let go quick enough. Hadn't though of it for years, thanks for the memory jog, had a good laugh.
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 05:39 PM UTC
Hi Russ,

Nice photos! Thanks for sharing these.

I would think think that tractors qualify as automobiles, as in the sense all motorized self-powered vehicles that replace animal power are automotive mobiles. The site categories include Cars, Trucks, and Motorcycles; since the dictionary term 'automobile' means a vehicle intended to move people, trucks are mainly to move cargo. This forum, "The Garage", is for 'automotive', not 'automobile'.
russamotto
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 - 02:17 AM UTC
I'm glad you like the photos. I think these would be a great subject in styrene, and I would love to own one. Don't know what happened to the title. It was supposed to be "Classic", not just "class".
KoSprueOne
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Myanmar
KitMaker: 4,011 posts
Auto Modeler: 851 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 - 12:52 PM UTC
Thanks for sharing again, Russ. My favorite class in HS was Agriculture. We drove tractors and dug furrows. Not on classics like these but fun training.

HARV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wyoming, United States
KitMaker: 3,098 posts
Auto Modeler: 182 posts
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2012 - 11:42 AM UTC
Very cool Russ.

Thank you for sharing these, they brought back some childhood memories. I especially love the last picture of the Ford 8N. I spent many an hour at our ranch sitting on ours. It was a very useful little tractor. We used it to mow, rake and bale hay. We plowed with it, pulled a drill (seed planter) with it, pulled a hay wagon with it, powered a hay bale elevator, grain auger and post hole digger with it.....and on and on and on.....

I have thought more than once of buying one just to have it around.

Thanks again,
Randy
 _GOTOTOP