Scale truck modeling topics.
Moebius Prostar.....
horsegunner
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 347 posts
Auto Modeler: 55 posts
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 - 11:38 AM UTC
What's the word on this model kit? Here we are in October, and still no sign of it hitting the store shelves. Can anyone provide a clue as to when we will see it?

Thanks,

Art
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,405 posts
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 - 01:46 PM UTC
I haven't heard anything on the other boards from Dave Metzner about it recently; but last I saw was that he had a completed build up that needed to have some issues addressed. This is the last thing I heard from Dave back on 30 Aug 12:

"This test shot does not have ProStar logos engraved on the cab and has several parts which are not quite right or missing all together.

However after some fixing of a few issues it does build up as a presentable ProStar.

I can't say for sure how quickly we'll have the second test shot - there are a couple issues that will take some tooling work in order to resolve them.

Stay tuned, I'll try to keep information comming"

Here are the test shots: ProStar Test Shots

The yellow one is the one he posted about on 30 AUG 12.

Jim
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 02:00 PM UTC
New information from Dave, posted over at Model Car Magazine Forum on the ProStar test shot:

"As I promised I'll try to keep everyone up-to date regarding our new ProStar kit. I received second test shots last week. There are still issues that require tooling revisions.
No sense in posting a bunch of new photos as the second test shot build-up looks just like the first one - without paint - Hopefully the revisions we needed will get made correctly and quickly.
I'll post new photos as soon as I have a final version just as soon as I have one built and painted..

Dave"

Jim
viper29_ca
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
Auto Modeler: 95 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 04:44 PM UTC
So definitely looking at Jan or probably Feb. at least before we see them on the market.
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 05:05 AM UTC
It's looking that way, but I'd rather have it "right" that have it quick.

Jim
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 03:35 PM UTC
More news from Dave Metzner just posted over at Model Car Magazine Forum:
"Latest news is that third test shot parts will be on the way by end of this week - I should have them by middle of next week ( just in time for Thanksgiving!)
If everything that needed to be corrected has been handled - we will need to get box art, and instruction sheets done - beiong as realistic as I can - I'm going to say early 2013.
I'm hoping for shipment from the factory before the end of January and kits in stores not later than mid February. this is IF everything goes smoothly."

Jim
horsegunner
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 347 posts
Auto Modeler: 55 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 06:15 AM UTC
So here we are, May 2013, and my LHS tells me they have no idea when it will hit the shelves, any news yet?????
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, May 17, 2013 - 03:28 PM UTC
On 25 APR 13, Dave Metzner of Moebius Models posted this on the Model Car Magazine Forum about the ProStars: "ProStars should be on the water in the next few days - we just need to schedule getting them into a container and on the boat!" Hopefully we should be seeing them very soon!

Jim
smithrp
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 79 posts
Auto Modeler: 7 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 - 03:28 AM UTC
Revell Germany has just released the Prostar, There is one on Ebay now.
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 - 07:12 AM UTC
Yes, I see that. Interesting. They also want $115 for the kit & $48 in shipping. I think I'll wait.

There is a Moebius one listed deom a shop in Virginia taht says they have 10 available, and they are $59.99.

Looks like I've got to stop by the LHS here shortly!

Jim
 _GOTOTOP