HaulMax 3900G @50th scale
turtle65
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Dunedin, New Zealand
KitMaker: 266 posts
Auto Modeler: 47 posts
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 - 02:21 AM UTC
all,
Well it's been a long time since I've done any modelling, however the itchy fingers have tempted me back to the workbench and after a lot of head scratching and pondering I've decided on the HaulMax 3900G as the vehicle to be built for my return to the world of scale modelling . And just to really test my skills (and sanity ) I'm having my first attempt at 1:50th scale.
Anywho enough blabber, heres the wee darling I'm attempting:

Just in the process of marking out and cutting the chassis rail components - box chassis type so 4 chassis rails to try and get aligned .
Will post some WIP shots soon.
Hope everyone elses projects are progressing as planned, and the glue dries in the right places
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,405 posts
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 - 05:52 AM UTC
That's a real brute! It should look really nice when you get it done. I'm looking forward to progress photos.

Jim
turtle65
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Dunedin, New Zealand
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 - 01:53 PM UTC
Jim,
Hope to get some serious build time on Mon & Tues (my weekend).
Recently had a chance to have a play with the dump body version (Stockton Mine, NZ), a very impressive machine from the drivers perspective. Felt a lot more comfortable and safer - longer wheelbase and 6x4 vs short wheelbase 4x2 mine truck.
Better go and stock up on bandaids ready for the blood letting oop's mean't build session .
horsegunner
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 347 posts
Auto Modeler: 55 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2012 - 02:50 AM UTC
Keep us posted, this looks like an awesome build, and in 1/50th scale to boot (something to do with a die-cast load possibly???).

Art
turtle65
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Dunedin, New Zealand
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 12:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

(something to do with a die-cast load possibly???).
Art

Hi ya Art,
Well the intended load 'started' life as a diecast however after all the modifications/updates and detailing only the tracks remain original (and they are soon to be replaced ).
Unfortunately I'm a very slow builder (too fussy ), however I've decided to change my normal build sequence and do various components at the same time instead of my normal build the chassis and only then start on the driveline components and only then start on area X etc. Hopefully that will speed up the build.
Anywho enough chatter from me and time to do some plastic hacking
 _GOTOTOP