_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
American SATCO Nissan Pathfinder for my dad
MikeyBugs95
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,210 posts
Auto Modeler: 5 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 08:59 PM UTC
Since this is my first post here on this part of KitMaker, I thought I'd might as well make it a build log. This is what I'll be building:

Well, I got this trade deal that still going on pending me shipping out my end of the deal, which will be in the next few days.

I'm going to be building this for my dad, even though he had a Nissan Truck SE V6. Not a Pathfinder.

The sprues and what's in the box. What's not shown is a Nissan Pathfinder pamphlet that also was in the box.

The body. Unfortunately there's no detachable hood... But then again there's also no engine as well.

The rest of the sprues.

Paints I'll use for the body. I already masked off the area I'm going to paint before I posted this. I'm going to paint it two tone. Either Metallic Grey (XF-56) or German Grey (XF-63) on top and Dark Sea Grey (XF-54) or Neutral Grey (XF-53) on the bottom. But I'm not sure which at this point. I'll have to make some paint chips right now.

And an update before any updates... I'm now not using Metallic Grey because it's too metallic, light, and too bright for what I need.

It's going to take me awhile to finish this one because I have about 5 or more other started and almost finished models to finish.
MikeyBugs95
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, August 26, 2013 - 01:36 PM UTC
The paintjob on the Pathfinder. I went for a two-tone scheme. The paint on the upper half I mixed myself.

jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,405 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 01:34 AM UTC
Interesting build. I've never heard of this company.

Jim
MikeyBugs95
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - 04:35 AM UTC
Well, from what I've heard about the company, it's no longer in business. It either went out of business and/or was acquired by Aoshima.
Truckin_Ninja
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2 posts
Auto Modeler: 2 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 07:31 AM UTC
They went out of business, they were the U.S. importer for Aoshima at the time. Some of their efforts were better than others. The Terrano/Pathfinder and HiLux Surf Wide/SR-5 4 Runner came directly from Aoshima with both RHD & LHD and respective JDM and Export markings (and still carry the parts in the current re-issues) but some of their other "Americanized" kits like the Accord Wagon & RAV 4 had very crudely done resin LHD parts,
md72
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 4,950 posts
Auto Modeler: 555 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 03, 2013 - 07:34 AM UTC
Hmmm, a RHD Hilux has lots of possibilities.
 _GOTOTOP