_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
1:35 Citroen Traction Avant
FAUST
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Auto Modeler: 21 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 25, 2013 - 01:17 PM UTC
Ola Guys

This is a project I am currently working on. And before I cover it partially with camo I thought it would be nice to share the Showroom shots of this Tamiya kit with you guys.
All in a glossy black coat.

More on the camo later.

With friendly greetz

Robert
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 26, 2013 - 08:33 AM UTC
Another nice one Robert. Looking forward to seeing more.
ivanhoe6
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,023 posts
Auto Modeler: 6 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 26, 2013 - 08:38 AM UTC
I love that we are getting all these civilian cars in 1/35th scale. Robert, thank you for building them for us. Your Toppolino build was nice. You keep building them and I'll keep looking at them.
Thanks again !
Tom
SpeedyJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
KitMaker: 1,617 posts
Auto Modeler: 134 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 26, 2013 - 08:42 AM UTC
Hey Robert. I like the model of the TA. Looking at the model it seems to be a TA 7 or 11. Interior is displayed correct. Only 1 small imperfection, by Tamiya, The car should have one tail light. Licenceplate has a tail light & reflector, right has none.

Regards,

Robert Jan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 953 posts
Auto Modeler: 157 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 26, 2013 - 10:30 AM UTC
Good job Robert...
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,953 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 26, 2013 - 11:16 AM UTC
Really nice work, looking forward to the camo overlay now.

Cheers, D
FAUST
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, December 26, 2013 - 11:44 AM UTC
Ola guys

Jesper, Tom, Hakan, Robert Jan and Damian Thanks a lot for the replies and the compliments. Really appreciated.

@ Tom
You are absolutely right. For all those years modelers have been wanting civillian cars the manufacturers seem to have picked it up. And when it rains it pours. We now have quite a big choice when it comes to civilian pattern cars from quite some countries as well. Following the Topolino and the Traction Avant will be Bronco's 1937 Opel Olympia which I have half built as well. Time to finish that one... and inn the new year there will be another 2 cars heading my way. The Opel Admiral 2 door Saloon and the Opel Kadett K38. More to follow soon.

@ Robert Jan
Thanks for the compliments as well. To tell you in all honesty the amount of stuff I know from the Traction Avant is really not much. I built it because I love the lines of the vehice... So I painted it mostly what the instructions told me and partly what was in my memory of the 2 a father of one of my best friends had for restauration. But thanks for the info on the rear light configuration.

@ Damian
Thanks for the compliments. Yeah the camo overlay is going to be interesting. Probably not everybodies cup of tea but it wil make it a very interesting and not often seen or modeled version.
SpeedyJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 - 09:17 AM UTC
Hallo Robert,

Moet maar eens even in het Nederlands. Kan ik mij toch nog het best in uitdrukken.
Ik las het van het verlies van familie en dat raakt mij.
Ik hoop dat je steun kunt vinden bij de mensen waarvan je verwacht dat ze er zijn. Desondanks een voorspoedig 2014.

Met vriendelijke groeten vanuit Leersum,

Robert Jan Scholte van Mast
FAUST
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 - 11:59 AM UTC
Hee Robert Jan

Allereerst de beste wensen voor jou en je familie. En dank voor de condoleances worden erg gewaardeerd. Het kwam inderdaad allemaal erg rap na elkaar en sloot lekker aan bij de beroerdigheid die ik al meemaakte gedurende heel 2013 dus 2014 hoeft niet heel erg zijn best te doen om beter te worden dan het afgelopen rotjaar.
SpeedyJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 - 12:25 PM UTC
De beste wensen Robert.
2014 is het jaar dat ik Holland goodbye zal zeggen.
Bangkok will be the new adress. New job in a near future( 2 - 4 months) House ready - office ready.
Going to work for my brother overthere. Hardware recycling, China needs a bin after all. He's in Asia for allmost 17 years now. Left since we finished HBO study. Now he needs me, after all(big smile). I'm going to manage a second warehouse overthere. All new. Spick & Span.

Regards,

Robert Jan
 _GOTOTOP