Scania LONGLINE mit Beal-Tanker-Trailer
elmarriachi
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
KitMaker: 813 posts
Auto Modeler: 146 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 04:50 PM UTC
Hello @ all.

Here are some pictures of my 1-year project .....

It is a Scania Longline on base of a Italeri Scania kit, with lot of additinal parts. The trailer (Beal Tanker Trailer) is by Revell.

The Scania chassis was modified to 3-axle version, the front steering axle is replaced by metal parts.

The front wheels are more-piece wheels by Modellmakershop with wide tires.

The back of the chassis was covered with plastic plates on top and on the sides, as well as on the rear.

The exhaust system was made completely new, made of plastic pipes and other parts which I had available.

The cab was modified to the Longline version with the Resin parts from KFS which include also the full new interior parts, necessary for this upgrade.

After that everything was painted in matt black with white details, then the custom made decals of the "Bad Boy" and "Punisher" were added and protected with matt clear coat.

Then all the further additional parts were added....:

- bull bar by KFS
- etched lamps at the rear and at the spoiler
- air conditioner
- signal horns
- light bar
- 2 Michelin figures
- antennas (wire)
- signal lights on the roof

All these parts are made by KFS and other suppliers from Modellmakershop.

Finally, the Scania Longline received some dirt in grey / beige with the airbrush.

The tanker trailer was made standart out of the box without any upgrades.

Finally the pipes between Scania and trailer received a weathering and the complete diorama a glass box... then it will leave to Switzerland to its final destination...

Cheers Michael
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,405 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 05:18 PM UTC
Excellent job on the Scania & tanker. I think it looks great. Everything looks well detailed & well executed. Even the GTO! It's interesting how you have a very distinct European tractor & trailer with US cars.

I only see one problem with your diorama (and it's the same problem with most 1/24 dioramas): there are no people! The truck & cars don't have any drivers.

Jim
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,953 posts
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2015 - 03:08 AM UTC
Very nice build, menacing look to it!
 _GOTOTOP