_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
Building the Veneno
BigfootV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 1,624 posts
Auto Modeler: 216 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 13, 2015 - 02:29 AM UTC
Hello everyone,
I've been secretly build the Lambo Veneno kit. Here's some progress photos.

Front scoop: This was a challenge since it looked different in the instruction photo then what you are seeing here. I had to play around with it for a bit and do some dry fitting before I got the placement correct.

Body and interior tub dry fit:

Motor, interior tub, body dry fit to frame:

So far it's been a fairly smooth build, but not without a few Ooops moments. The first one was dry fitting the tires and rims. This kit has very tight tolerances, so much so, to my horror that one of the rear rims broke at the spokes inside the rim! Luckily I was able repair, center the spokes and rim back into place. I was too ticked to take photos. Sorry. The second is the P.E. disc brake pads. These have a thin area that butts up to the calipers on both front and rear disc that will bend or wrap when installing them.

Next stage: Continue body panels, front and rear, finish off the interior, prime for paint.

See ya in the funnies...........
BobSolo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 331 posts
Auto Modeler: 9 posts
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2015 - 06:51 AM UTC
Awesome! Wow this is going to look so cool when all done! Veneno Roadster is one of my fav hypercars ever, along with the Pagani Zonda 760RS Roadster in full black carbon

Nice save on the wheels, my heart sank for you when i read that you broke one. Thanks for posting a build log, itll be cool to follow your progress and im sure it will help others, maybe me if they ever do a roadster version, i can but dream.

Any idea what colour youll paint it yet? I allways thought id want a bright green one and i dont usually like matt black.. but this one looks amazing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSeNmKaK8S8 Id feel like Darth Vader driving that haha!

I wish id dry fitted the doors on my Aventador roadster before i chopped it in half, it was such a wobbly mess after, i had to tape the doors on just to get it lined up again, after that i found they were so tight there wasnt any room to paint them and still close the doors, so im leaving them shut. Be interestng to see how tight your doors fit do you think theres room for paint in the door gaps?

Have fun with building it, its going to loook great when finished
BigfootV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2015 - 11:07 AM UTC
Hello Bob,

Thanks for tuning in. I'd like to paint it up in a midnight blue or dark blue color, not a big fan of the carbon fiber look.

According to Lamboorghini's webpage, only 9 roadsters have been build during the course of 2014. The coupe is rarer still with only 5 build at a cost of, get your check book out, $4,500,000 U.S. per car. (Only 2,966,410 British pounds or 4,082,003 Euros.) All 5 coupe models have been spoken for. The Veyron Super Sport is a fave of mine, too bad nobody makes a 1/24th or 1/25th scale kit in plastic of that beast. (Hint.)

I'll have to see about the doors when I get to that part of the build. The kit already has some tight fits to it. Notes taken on the doors.

One thing I forgot to add in the first post was the lower body tray frame, that was a slight bit wrapped. That's why it currently mounted on those clear plastic trays. Hopefully it will mate correctly with the body when everything is finished.

Thanks again.

See ya in the funnies.............
BobSolo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2015 - 09:37 PM UTC
Blue will look cool, i like the Bugatti Gran Turismo, that has some really nice blues on it. I saw a whole line of Veyrons last year, the Supersport was nice but the orange wheels did look plastic to me and not in a cool BMX mag wheel way, my fav was a deep metallic blue one with chrome accents, heres a short clip of the same car doing a launch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8KjmX7VL8A looks so much better in real life though with the sun on it, beautiful car.

Shame about the warped undertray part, you might be able to send it back for a replacement? id expect it to be flat, minus any venturi tunnels of course.

Yeah these cars are so expensive for real, i think Lambo sold all the Veneno coupes before the customers had even seen what the car looked like! thats just crazy!

I have seen some prebuilt models of the Veneno and racing Pagani Zonda, lovely but too expensive for me, also with a kit you get to paint it how you want it which is always better, your own personalized hypercar!

You could colour code a lot of the bare carbon like this one too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vPo1c2f1I8
BigfootV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2015 - 10:17 PM UTC
I really need to check spelling and not post so late at night either, warped, warped, warped.

Anyways, it's not too big of an issue, not enough to send it back. Nothing a little heat can't fix.

I'll try to work on it some more today. Thanks for the videos Bob.

See ya in the funnies...........
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 12:16 PM UTC
4 500 000$ 180% registration tax+25% sales tax That'll be 16 000 000$ with Danish licensplates on it

BigfootV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 09:21 PM UTC
Holy crap Jesper! And here I thought the U.S. auto fees were nuts!
I'll be taking the kit on the road with me tomorrow, something to do when I'm stopped due to weather. Yes, I'm driving lorries or 18 wheelers again. Not what I wanted to be doing, but got to keep the roof over the heads and food on the table.

Hopefully the next update will be around X-mas. If not they will be in 21/28 day intervals or if I have descent WI-FI at a truck stop.

Thanks for the posts guys. I'll try to keep up on the replies.

See ya in the funnies.........
BigfootV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2016 - 11:48 PM UTC
Update: I have some update photo's on the build. Will post later, need to clear some space out of Photobucket.

See ya in the funnies............
BigfootV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 12:34 AM UTC
Ok, here we go. I finally found time this last month while driving around the country and waiting for a snow storm to clear in Ohio to get some work done on the Veneno.

As I talked about in the review, the kit has P.E. parts. These parts replace the plastic ones as seen here.

These are the rear under side fins, plastic.

These are the P.E. fins. Fit like a glove.

P.E. foot pedals in place.

Stock plastic column shifter.

P.E. version

Plastic rear grille part.

P.E. version in place.

This was a challenge since the you have to bend this into place were the plastic part is already molded to fit. It was also a little confusing at first trying to figure out the right angles and keep your fingers from staying glued to the part.

Here's how it looks at this point.

The Tea bottle is so the frame and body mate up the right way. It's dry fitted, nothing glued in place yet. Still have some interior and other body panels to do.

Well, that's it.

See ya in the funnies..............
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2016 - 01:02 PM UTC
Coming along fine there Brian.
BobSolo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2016 - 11:14 PM UTC
Yes looking great so far and the PE details really add that exrta touch of realism!
 _GOTOTOP