_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
New 1/24 Go Cart 4X4 ATV-like Dune Buggy
Trisaw
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Auto Modeler: 41 posts
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2016 - 12:00 AM UTC
http://www.seltd.net/newstuff.html

A little dated by modern appearances, but could be used for some civilian, Sci-Fi, rebel militia, or Post-Apocalyptic survivor uses.
Trisaw
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2016 - 12:05 AM UTC
Actually, come to think about it, I believe this may be a reissue as I recall seeing it many years ago. Sorry.
Stickframe
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 1,661 posts
Auto Modeler: 431 posts
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2016 - 12:34 AM UTC
Hi Peter -

That is what was called a Honda Odyssey - it had a 125 or 250cc (can't remember which) two stroke engine - and a gravity flywheel transmission. There was no rear suspension, just the big bouncy tires, while up front coil over shocks.

They were fun, I had one! very prone to rolling! so, the roll bar served a real purpose! you had to remember, if it was going over, DON'T let go of the steering wheel (to break the fall), or you could do some serious damage/breaking to your arm!, as this was fairly heavy!

Maybe a catalyst for my current interest in roll bars, back then I modified the roll bar to make it six point, with nerf bars on the sides....good times...

Nick
Trisaw
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2016 - 01:40 AM UTC
Hi Nick,

What's interesting is that one can modify this kit with today's aftermarket resin accessories, all depending on how much one is willing to spend.

There are 1/24 bucket seats with headrest, racing seatbelts, headlights, spotlights, decals, shovels, pick axes, chainsaws, and even 1/24 machine guns and fuel cans.

I'm thinking more in terms of Sci-Fi/Post-Apocalyptic Fast Attack or Anti-zombie Vehicle, but really, one can change the general outlook of this vehicle with add-on parts, which makes the idea so neat.

Thanks for the info!
 _GOTOTOP