_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
Ford Ranger, 1971 – 1/25 by Möbius Models
elmarriachi
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
KitMaker: 813 posts
Auto Modeler: 146 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 01:31 PM UTC
Ford Ranger, 1971 – 1/25 by Möbius Models

The American brand Moebius Models offers the 1971 Ford Ranger as a fantastic detailed kit which won the German trophy „Model of the Year 2015“. It consists of several grey plastic parts, some rubber tires, clear parts, clear red parts, decals.

I started to complete the 1-part frame with the multipart axles, (non-working) steering and further add on parts.

Once the engine is also finished I have painted the chassis in matt black, the engine in aluminium and blue before putting all together and adding some further add-on parts such as the exhaust, cooler, spare wheel and wheels. A light dry brush with silver, some oil washing on the engine, a little bit of rust at the exhaust…. The frame is mostly finished.
I have decided not to add any wiring at the engine as I will keep the hood closed…

The body of the car comes next. Some sinkmarks on the side walls of the bed were removed, then everything sanded a bit. A light grey primer on everything which was sanded under water for a smooth surface. The “FORD” letters on the engine hood were covered with Bare Metal Foil before painting. Then the beige areas were painted, later masked and the blue areas painted. I used Tamiya colors for both.

The interieur was painted in beige, then dark brown oil colors followed. Once dry, some drybrush and detail painting will follow ….

So far for the moment ….

Cheers
Micha
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 04:23 PM UTC
Excellent work Michael.
Stickframe
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,661 posts
Auto Modeler: 431 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 21, 2016 - 10:40 PM UTC
HI Michael - wow - that is one nice, clean build!

cheers
Nick
elmarriachi
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2016 - 02:42 PM UTC
*** UPDATE ***

The interior was fully painted, the details on the dashboard brush painted, the silver polished and everything with clearcoat fixed. Then the interior was glued together... I think it is looking nice....

The exterieur received some layers of clear coat, some sanding (under the water), some polishing.

The windows were installed with wood glue after having added the frames with Bare Metal Foil ...

Cheers
Michael
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,953 posts
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2016 - 05:04 PM UTC
Lovely build so far Michael, very nice indeed. I love the leather effect on the interior, great technique.

Cheers, D
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Tuesday, March 08, 2016 - 12:38 PM UTC
Looks great Michael.
elmarriachi
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, March 13, 2016 - 04:05 PM UTC
*** UPDATE ***

Small update of the Ranger .... just missing some smaller works, repairings of the paint, some decals... and - unfortunately the driver's outside mirror.
Does anybody have experience with Möbius Models customer service? I think I lost this mirror someday... still searching... still not having found .... contacted Möbius today ...

Cheers
Micha
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,974 posts
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2016 - 04:06 AM UTC
Michael,
Nice clean, neat build. I do like the technique you used to replicate the interior.
Joel
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Monday, March 14, 2016 - 12:24 PM UTC
Michael, a shame about the mirror. Hope you find a replacement.
Szmann
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Netherlands Antilles
KitMaker: 1,977 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,371 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2016 - 05:53 PM UTC
Hi, Michael

Nice kit and nice work all around, from careful assembly to weathering. Keeping my fingers crossed for your mirror.

Cheers!
Gabriel.
 _GOTOTOP