_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
1/24 Polar lights Bat mobile - not
kpnuts
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,179 posts
Auto Modeler: 647 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2016 - 07:12 PM UTC
Hi all well i had a problem with this when I started it, the paint reacted with the plastic and no amount of barrier coats or anything else seemed to sort it so I decided to just build it as best I could, but then found the decals fell apart and what didn't, didn't stay on when dry even whist spraying gloss coat on them to seal them the air from my airbrush blew them off so I stripped it all off again and decided to do something totally different I know the paintwork will never be great but hopefully the differing colours will help to hide it, so,,,, can you guess who drives a car like this.

kpnuts
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2016 - 11:01 PM UTC
Hi all maybe this will help, lots more of these on the sides, not this car in the movie
Clunbb9
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 66 posts
Auto Modeler: 64 posts
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2016 - 03:59 AM UTC
That's unfortunate, what primer and base coats did you use?
One technique I have used in the past is applying bin-primer and sanding it completely smooth before going to other primers. That is a technique I have used when building 1/5th scale clay car models to help seal in the clay and create a harder shell before going to primer.
kpnuts
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, August 29, 2016 - 03:31 PM UTC
The original one was Halford grey plastic primer, that's the one it reacted with, I've tried several sealers, barrier coat even tried clear matt acrylic varnish but the original grey must have had a molecular effect on the plastic as it always reacts in the same place, gloss black always shows up flaws worse than any colour which is why I've gone fora multi coloured finish.
kpnuts
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 11:41 PM UTC
Hi all here is a little update on this one.

kpnuts
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, September 01, 2016 - 12:47 AM UTC
Another quickie

kpnuts
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, September 02, 2016 - 10:54 PM UTC
Hi all well this is as far as I'm going to get on this at the moment as I need some dry transfer letters but we're on holiday from Friday and I won't be ordering them till we get back I think that's all that needs doing on this now, I always knew the paintwork was never going to be great as that's why it's all the colours it is but I have to say I'm quite pleased how it's turned out.

It must have been a huge car as in the last pic you can see its next to a 1/16 VW and it's longer, for a 2 seater car I think it must have been mahosive.

KoSprueOne
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Myanmar
KitMaker: 4,011 posts
Auto Modeler: 851 posts
Posted: Friday, September 02, 2016 - 11:24 PM UTC
That's pretty rad.

_GOTOTOP