_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
Plymouth Horizon TC3 out of box- loser ahoy!
Mechworker
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 352 posts
Auto Modeler: 135 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 05:33 AM UTC
Loser cars. If there’s one thing I love to get kits of, it’s loser cars. Most people like muscle cars, Ferraris and other exotics or classic cruisers. Not me. If you’ve seen anything else I’ve built or reviewed, you know I love to hate to love my loser cars.

What’s more amazing that having a great selection of these things as kits? Finding out there’s a model of a loser car I didn’t even know about! Recently, it was brought to my attention that there was a kit of a Plymouth Horizon TC3. AWESOME! I knew about, and have several, of the Omni 024, it’s Dodge stablemate, but I was amazed and intrigued to learn of the Horizon. I hoped to find one, one day.

Then, thanks to the power of the internet, I was contacted by someone with one, and I was able to swiftly acquire one of these gems! It’s rare to have such a short turn around between discovery and purchase, at least for me, since I try to always avoid ebay!

I was very excited to get it, so I had to review it quickly. So here, then, is an out of box review for a long-forgotten leader among the losers, the almost kinda cool, but still intrinsically lame, Horizon TC3. Many thanks to F-J for his help and passing this one on to me. You rock, man!

Check it out to see how bad things got; don’t forget, there were MULTIPLE companies kitting this thing!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/out-of-box-reviews/amt-125-plymouth-horizon-tc3-oob/

AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,953 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 07:02 AM UTC
Adam, another gem. Your reviews never fail to entertain as much as they inform. Brilliant job mate, love it and can't wait to see progress on the build of this "anti-classic."

Cheers, D
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 04:21 PM UTC
Another entertaining review Adam.
Had to google the car. Found images of a Horizon in linen white and ginger, with white mud flaps and buckskin interior. That combo do not make it less a loser car, in fact quite the contrary.
Mechworker
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 352 posts
Auto Modeler: 135 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2017 - 03:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Another entertaining review Adam.
Had to google the car. Found images of a Horizon in linen white and ginger, with white mud flaps and buckskin interior. That combo do not make it less a loser car, in fact quite the contrary.

Thanks for the compliments, everyone!

I agree, that would not help the "loser" status. If anything, it would make it "Florida Geezer Loser". Not sure that's any improvement at all. I think I've seen the same car. I'd like to build mine that way, but with the spoiler on there, it's likely a Turismo, so my colours might be more limited.
 _GOTOTOP