Enduro diorama
kurnuy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 1,491 posts
Auto Modeler: 6 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 11:02 PM UTC
Hi everyone ,

i am new here on this forum , i create military dioramas usually on Armorama but this time it will be a motorcycling diorama .

I like to watch Enduro races on You tube and that's where my inspiration comes from to create the scene. The kit i'm using is the Honda CR450R with driver in scale 1:12 from Tamiya which is now completely build and painted . The scene will be a waterfall on a rocky terrain with the Honda climbing up in a struggle against the current , i have seen this on a video taken somewhere in Romania during a Red Bull race and the title was Romaniacs i guess... Anyway i show you this overview from the work that has been done so far ,

I used my imagination to paint the drivers suit rather than following the paint guide in the manual. And now it's time to create the scene ...

Thanks for watching ,

Kurt
kurnuy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 02:43 AM UTC
Hi all ,

this dio is almost finished. Please have a look ,

Thanks for watching,
Kurt
kurnuy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 11:21 PM UTC
Hi everyone ,

these are the final pics of my finished diorama ,

Thanks for watching , comments are welcome.
Kurt
justsendit
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Auto Modeler: 64 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 04:52 AM UTC
Hi Kurt, Great to see-ya' at it!

I've seen that race and it's brutal! Your depiction of the event is really cool — great job of capturing the action! Your groundwork (rockwork!), and water effects are outstanding. I especially like how you've twisted-up the boundary markers — nice animation.

Cheers!🍺
—mike
kurnuy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
Posted: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 11:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Kurt, Great to see-ya' at it!

I've seen that race and it's brutal! Your depiction of the event is really cool — great job of capturing the action! Your groundwork (rockwork!), and water effects are outstanding. I especially like how you've twisted-up the boundary markers — nice animation.

Cheers!🍺
—mike

Hi mike ,

there are plenty of videos on You Tube where you can see a lot of examples , just my source of inspiration . Thanks for liking my skills in doing the rocky terrain and water effects . I am pretty satisfied on that too. Ah yes the boundery markers , at first i wasn't so sure to add them , because i was afraid of the possibility that it could disturb a lot or that it wouldn't add to the scene . it just worked out very well giving the atmosphere of a sort of competition .

I'm glad to have at least one reply , so thanks a bunch for that .
Appreciated !

Kurt
Szmann
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Netherlands Antilles
KitMaker: 1,977 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,371 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 04:49 PM UTC
Very well done, my friend! You made me remember the fresh Carpathian air! Thank you for that. Superb detailing on the diorama base, as already mentioned, and a top notch job all round.

Cheers!
Gabriel
kurnuy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
Posted: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 06:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Very well done, my friend! You made me remember the fresh Carpathian air! Thank you for that. Superb detailing on the diorama base, as already mentioned, and a top notch job all round.

Cheers!
Gabriel

And i thank you for the visit Gabriel and the good comments , it could be that the dio depicts a scene in Romania . I think you must have experience with this kind of racing in real live ???

Anyway thanks again .
Kurt
Szmann
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Netherlands Antilles
KitMaker: 1,977 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,371 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 12:50 AM UTC
@Kurt: I am Romanian (now living in Caribbean). I spent almost all my vacation time mountaineering. I never had a motorcycle but I always had a mountain bike (I know, it's not the same). But your scene is typical: narrow paths, frequently unmarked and often crossed by crystal clear and ice cold streams... You have chosen your inspiration well.

Congrats one more time for the atmospheric dio.

Gabriel
kurnuy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
Posted: Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 02:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

@Kurt: I am Romanian (now living in Caribbean). I spent almost all my vacation time mountaineering. I never had a motorcycle but I always had a mountain bike (I know, it's not the same). But your scene is typical: narrow paths, frequently unmarked and often crossed by crystal clear and ice cold streams... You have chosen your inspiration well.

Congrats one more time for the atmospheric dio.

Gabriel

Thanks again Gabriel and riding on a mountain bike is something cool man , i have a race bike which is very different too ....

I hope you don't get home sick but let us call this dio the Romaniacs from now on . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxBzvziYAdk
My pleasure
Kurt
 _GOTOTOP