Your help needed 1:24 truck with tank trailer
Black_sheep
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 823 posts
Auto Modeler: 35 posts
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2017 - 10:48 PM UTC
Dear Gentlemen,

I´m a modeller but my last 1:24 scale truck is some moons ago. The company where I do work for have 125 year´s anniversary next year and I would like to surprise the boss with a MAN truck and a tanktrailer painted with the company´s color and some customised special advertising for the 125 year´s celebration.

Here is when I need you:

1) My company mainly uses MAN trucks; what would be the most modern truck available at the moment in 1:24?

2) As far as I can see ITALERI is the main player here for modern trucks or do I have the choice with another brand?

3) Can I use ITALERI´s Topas tank Trailer together with modern MAN truck or is there a better choice?

4) Are there aftermarket parts available? I especially would like to have resin wheels as I don´t trust these rubber ones (will deteriorate and get flat within time)

I want to create a nice showmodel here and need therefor your support - many thanks in advance for your help there!

Best Regards

Thomas
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,405 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 08:30 AM UTC
Thomas,

Yes, Italeri is the only game in town when it comes to modern European trucks. They offer a MAN F2000:

a MAN F2000 6x4:

a MAN TGX XLX:

And a MAN TGX XXL:

As far as the trailer, the TOPAS tank trailer would work, or their Classic Tank Trailer:

For wheels & tires, you could try Kit Form Services in England. There really isn't much out there as far a P/E goes for MAN trucks, but Czech Truck Model might be able to help.

Good luck with your project. Post a picture of what you're trying to build, and maybe we'll be able to come up with some more ideas.

Jim
Black_sheep
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 823 posts
Auto Modeler: 35 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 09:10 PM UTC
Hello Jim,

thank you very much for your quick and helpful reply! I will have a closer look now at ITALERI´s MAN trucks and the tank trailer.

As far as I have seen Kit form services do actually offer resin tires. Do you have an idea which ones would be the right ones for me?

When I do start my project I will do a blog here - promised. And I would be happy about your Support

Best Regards

Thomas
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Auto Modeler: 1,405 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 10:25 PM UTC
Yes, KFS does offer resin tires. As far as which ones are right for you, I don't know. You'll have to compare the tires on the actual truck with the tires they offer.

Looking forward to progress.

Jim
 _GOTOTOP