Scale truck modeling topics.
Revell's '64 Fleetside - coming along!
Mechworker
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 352 posts
Auto Modeler: 135 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 04:17 AM UTC
Every now and then, I see a kit that’s a bit different than something I’d normally build, and rather than just ignoring it, I’m pulled to it for some reason. That was the case when I picked up my 1/25 1964 Chevy Fleetside kit. I got it cheap, so that helped, but I was eager to get into it as well. I don’ t normally build pickups OR vehicles from this era, but it looked fun.
It turns out, there was a lot more I had to research on this kit then I though, and it almost made me give up in frustration. However, I stuck it out, and now I have the chassis and engine done!

Check them out at the link below and tell me what you think!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/2017/11/09/64-chevy-fleetside-update-1-good-foundations/

AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,953 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 12:13 PM UTC
Super update Adam, coming along very nicely and many thanks for the blow-by-blow with so much detail.

My only suggestion for improvement would be to spend a bit of time on thinning down the belt, especially given that the alternator support arm looks so good! The belt looks like a length of 3" square tube steel in comparison!

Really looking forward to the next episode mate.

Cheers, D
Mechworker
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 352 posts
Auto Modeler: 135 posts
Posted: Friday, November 10, 2017 - 02:50 AM UTC
Thanks Damian!

I never thought of that for the belts, for some reason. Now that you mention it though, it's so obvious!

I will try to remember that for next time!
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 01:58 PM UTC
Looks great Adam. Nice subtle weathering of the metal components.
 _GOTOTOP