_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
MPC Pinto Wagon - best seats in the house!
Mechworker
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 352 posts
Auto Modeler: 135 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 11:59 AM UTC
Even if it’s a loser car, with a loser engine (which it is), I still like to try and make the interior and chassis of a car kit look as good as possible. Of course, when you’re talking about the make-work-project that is the MPC 1979 Pinto “Pony Express” reissue, that’s not exactly an easy chore.

Thankfully, the chassis and interior on this kit are fairly simple, and require less reworking than the body and engine!

Check out my progress at the link below. This little beast is edging further towards completion!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/2018/09/12/pinto-update-3-inside-underside-tnt/

brekinapez
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Auto Modeler: 49 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 02:59 PM UTC
My mom used to drive a Pinto wagon. She always talked about painting it black (it came in the mustard yellowy color), but since it had no AC and we lived in Florida my brother threatened to drive it into a telephone pole if she ever did.
Mechworker
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 352 posts
Auto Modeler: 135 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2018 - 12:49 PM UTC
I can see why your brother would say that. However, that would be a Pyrrhic victory at best - the car would have likely folded like a paper tube and done him serious harm too!

At least the wagon was less likely to explode!
brekinapez
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Auto Modeler: 49 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2018 - 01:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I can see why your brother would say that. However, that would be a Pyrrhic victory at best - the car would have likely folded like a paper tube and done him serious harm too!

At least the wagon was less likely to explode!

Well, if I had known that years later he would drive my 90% restored 1969 VW Transporter without my permission when it needed engine work and set off an engine fire that ate the entire back end, I would have encouraged him to do it before she had it painted.
 _GOTOTOP