Scale truck modeling topics.
Scania LB 141
ti
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Dalarnas, Sweden
KitMaker: 2,264 posts
Auto Modeler: 210 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 11:10 AM UTC
It had been really mixed feelings with this Heller kit. But seeing that it was a very old kit and compromises were taken into account, I now learn my way around such discrepancies in this kit. All-in-all, it was an ‘OK’ build, despite my frustrations. Barlas Pehlivan, was also kind to help answer some of my annoying questions, concerning this kit. So kudos to him.

My apologies for the pics. I will take better ones later. It was very windy outside today and I could not get the right photos I wanted. Oh well, you can’t win every time. Hope you enjoy the photos regardless.

I also added some wip photos o the interior, as it was difficult to get good shots of the interior after the roof and doors were install.

I've since changed the title on the base of the plaque to 'Scania LB 141' since these photos were taken.

-----------------------------------------

WIP:

AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,953 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 11:45 AM UTC
Excellent work once again Charles, it's great to see your builds on display here again!

The weathering on the old Scania is great, your attention to detail is always spot on. The grime on the "5th wheel" turntable, the wearing and chunks taken out of the tyre treads, the deck plate scuffing, it all ties together beautifully with the damaged and staining on the general paintwork and the well-used interior.

What products did you use for the fabric on the seats and head lining?

Once again, amazing work, I love it!

Cheers, D

EDIT: We have an Auto Weathering Techniques thread running, your input would be invaluable there if you have time to detail some of your skills.
ti
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Dalarnas, Sweden
KitMaker: 2,264 posts
Auto Modeler: 210 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 12:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Excellent work once again Charles, it's great to see your builds on display here again!

The weathering on the old Scania is great, your attention to detail is always spot on. The grime on the "5th wheel" turntable, the wearing and chunks taken out of the tyre treads, the deck plate scuffing, it all ties together beautifully with the damaged and staining on the general paintwork and the well-used interior.

What products did you use for the fabric on the seats and head lining?

Once again, amazing work, I love it!

Cheers, D

EDIT: We have an Auto Weathering Techniques thread running, your input would be invaluable there if you have time to detail some of your skills.

Thank you kindly for your close assessment and comments. I appreciate your view on these matters. The fabric, I used in the head lining and seats, was a piece of backing from another piece of material I had on hand. I don't remember because it was a material I had collected and stashed away for future use. I usually collect bits of odds and ends, knowing that it would work in my favor one day.

But tissue paper works fine also, to silulate seat covers.

Thank you for the link. I will definitely check it out.
 _GOTOTOP