_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
News
Tamiya: Leon Cvstos AMG
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
Auto Modeler: 105 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2019 - 01:12 AM UTC

Tamiya are to release a rather striking version of the Mercedes-AMG GT3, the Leon Cvstos AMG in 1/24th scale in July.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Littorio
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Auto Modeler: 192 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2019 - 03:15 AM UTC
Like the look of this one, so many schemes available as AM decals for the base kit but not seen this as one so looks like another Tamiya kit will join the car stash.
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,953 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2019 - 02:07 PM UTC
That is a mean looking vehicle and a really nice looking kit. Thanks for the heads-up Andy.

Cheers, D
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,974 posts
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2019 - 01:15 AM UTC
This is a re-release of Tamiya's 1/24 scale 2017 Mercedes Benz AMG GT3, with an outstanding new paint and sponsor scheme. Tamiya lists the decals as being printed by Cartograf, which is a major plus for me. I've always found Tamiya decals to be way to thick to really work well in conforming to compound curves, which modern race cars abound with.

I was hoping that this kit would have some form of lower engine/transmission detail, but from what I've read the full body lower pan negates those details. Still, the new wheels and disc brakes really makes this a must build for me.

As a personal note, there's quite a few AM decal sheets for this car for privateers, but almost all follow the current gaudy color schemes or which I'm not that found of. I watched a repeat of a recent DTM race last night, and the vast majority of car schemes shall we say weren't my cup of tea. Another reason why I'm really looking forward to building this kit.

Joel
 _GOTOTOP