_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
1/32 LIndberg Granada (Out Of Box)
Mechworker
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 352 posts
Auto Modeler: 135 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 01:47 PM UTC
Pretty much everyone who knows me knows that I love loser cars, everyday cars and the stuff that most people don’t even think about. Well, there’s not much more of a loser everyday car than one of the best-selling, but most boring, of all the ‘70s three-box sedans: the Ford Granada! Unfortunately, while the real car sold well, there wasn’t a lot of interest from kit makers. Just imagine the awesome MPC decal variants that COULD have been made with an early Granada kit!

However, I recently was given quite a rare little gem; one of the 1/32 Lindberg Ford Granadas! Depicting a ’76 Ghia, from what I can tell, this simple little kit is not one you see everyday. Depsite its simplicity, it’s still a good replica, especially form about 2 feet out!

Check out my Out of Box review for the Granada at the link below!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/out-of-box-reviews/lindberg-1-32-1976-ford-granada-oob/

Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,974 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2019 - 02:20 AM UTC
Adam,
This one is really coming out of left field. I have to admit I'm looking forward to how you finish it as just a little more then a curbside presentation model.

My brother actually had one in Dark Blue with a Dove Gray interior. Nice car back then, but I personally hatted the box style that Detroit was pumping out.

Joel
Mechworker
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 352 posts
Auto Modeler: 135 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2019 - 11:13 AM UTC
Lol! I don't know... Granada's are pretty lame, so I think it's in keeping with what I do!

It's going to be hard to make it too much more than an okay exterior with a minimal interior, but I have found a real car to base it on, and that's got to be something!

My good friend's brother had one of these while I was growing up. I don't mind the box style; better to me than Hatchbacks! However, I do hate the extra grilles on the headlights... What the heck!?
 _GOTOTOP