_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
A veritable H-Body assault on the senses!
Mechworker
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 352 posts
Auto Modeler: 135 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2019 - 11:49 AM UTC
Some people say you can never have too much of a good thing. Then there’s the person who coined the term “Embarrassment of riches”. Well, somewhere between those two things comes something I think most modellers are familiar with: a collection. Now, I don’t just mean a collection of things that are related, like “British side-by-side Two Seaters” or “Third Reich Research Aircraft”. No, I mean when you have multiples of the same basic thing, like “All Subtypes of Navy Phantoms” or “Every Sherman Variant” or, my favourite “A Boatload of RX-78s, even though they’re not your favourite Gundam”.

I’m sure we all have such things that we just can’t seem to get enough of. Given my bent towards loving the automotive underdog, it might not come as a surprise to find I have a bit of a Monza fetish. Yes, GM’s sporty-ish H-body from the mid-‘70s just seems to be something I have recently taken a shine to. I blame Ashbrook’s Hobby in Richmond MI – that’s where I got a lot of them! Five, in fact. But fear not, I actually have a full six!

Check out this most colourful and intersting variety of a car that was adored by the kit makers back in the day, and which Round 2 has even seen fit to reissue! (Note: that’s a Monza I didn’t buy… I only buy period Monzas. I’m a Monza-Snob!) Don’t forget to vote and/or comment on which one you want me to review first!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/scores-and-collections/monza-mayhem/

AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,953 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2019 - 10:18 PM UTC
"Monza Mayhem" indeed! I love it!

Great article Adam, excellent work. I put my vote in, I look forward to whichever kit wins the day!

Cheers, D
Mechworker
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 352 posts
Auto Modeler: 135 posts
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2019 - 10:15 AM UTC
Thanks, Damian!

It's a three-way tie right now, and nobody has voted for poor Long Shot. I feel badly for him. Glad I picked him up at least!

Have a good one, man!
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,974 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 23, 2019 - 03:31 AM UTC
Adam,
For me it was a no-brainer: The Super Max.

Joel
 _GOTOTOP