_GOTOBOTTOM
The Garage
For general automotive modeling or non-modeling topics.
Campaign Completions!
Cosimodo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,808 posts
Auto Modeler: 701 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2020 - 11:53 AM UTC
A few years ago there was a custom, at least on Aeroscale, to do a photo summary under the Features section (I think) of the completed builds for finished campaigns. It would be quite cool to see it here as well. Having just read who got ribbons for completing the Garage Queen 2019 campaign it would be nice to see the builds again. I know there is a campaign gallery somewhere but it should be celebrated up on the front page. I know it would be more work for already busy admins. Any thoughts?

cheers
Michael
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,953 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2020 - 12:05 PM UTC
Hi Michael.

You have hit on a point that we have been discussing for a few months now. It seems to be a waste of time to create a "Campaign Gallery" when it requires more navigation skills to find your way there, and then it quickly fades into a distant memory.

The possible plan for the future is to post completion images in the main Group Build thread and then create a Photo Feature of the completed builds. There would be no "Campaign Gallery" created at all.

I believe that doing it this way will be easier for the builders, and will provide a much better platform to display the completions and others will be able to provide comments on the feature instead of just viewing individual images in the gallery format.

Further feedback from the contributors here would be great, what do you all think of this plan?

Cheers, D
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,974 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2020 - 12:29 PM UTC
As D has said, we've instituted that very feature in our Blue Circle: Ford Motor Company GB. It's hard enough finding your own Gallery let alone a Campaign or GB gallery that has a few extra steps to reach. Plus just by posting two pictures of your finished model, you've qualified for your ribbon.

Our thinking was the by having the completed models in the GB thread, every member and guest of the Network can easily view them. And leaving a comment or two would be just as easy.

Joel
Cosimodo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,808 posts
Auto Modeler: 701 posts
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2020 - 11:19 AM UTC
That's good news! Looking forward to the photo feature.

cheers
Michael
 _GOTOTOP