_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
Got a CJ-7 Jeep
generalzod
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Auto Modeler: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 - 10:18 AM UTC
Today I just got a Revell 1/24 CJ-& Jeep I have not done any type of kit other than armor in a long time Any tips for me?

I plan on painting it dark blue and not have any chrome at all The frame and bumpers will be black Would that be flat or gloss?

The rims are chrome Any way to remove the chrome? I would like them white I am not sure how much detail/paint I will put on the engine yet

Thanks in advance :-)
LogansDad
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 938 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 - 10:30 AM UTC
Urah Chad!
Soaking in Simple Green (or Bleach, oven cleaner, etc.) will take the Chrome off.
On my 1:1 scale jeep, the frame, front bumper, and bumerettes were all a low-gloss baked on enamel. Black, of course. Probably nice to do the initial paint in gloss or semi-gloss black, then coat with Future/Flat mix.
Has it got the 308 V-8 engine? Stock it would be a very boring Gunmetal grey (AMC coated their engines in a thick rust retarder) but with any Customizing you'd be safe with a nice Competition Orange on the Block. heads could go alum. or steel, and covers chrome or brushed alum. w/black vanes. Avoid the Chevy blue block syndrome...
generalzod
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 - 11:46 AM UTC
Urah Robert
Thanks for the tips The engine looks like a 6 cylinder Not sure what type
 _GOTOTOP