_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
Pictures of slack adjusters
straightedge
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,352 posts
Auto Modeler: 100 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 03:29 AM UTC
Anybody know where I can get some pictures of the rear end of Kenworth 8 bag air suspensions showing the brake slack adjusters, and Maxie chambers.

This is a total different set up from a Mack, so I can't just look at my Mack and see, and I can't remember how things go. Specially when I haft to make the parts from scratch. Any kind of help is totally appreciated. I've been looking all day, everybody wants to show you the clean side of the truck, not the dirty side
Kerry
warhog
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 568 posts
Auto Modeler: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2005 - 06:40 AM UTC
keery,have you checked to see if rockwell or haldex has websites!i drive a freightliner centry class!our trucks are equiped with auto audjusting slack adjusters!
straightedge
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,352 posts
Auto Modeler: 100 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 - 02:05 AM UTC
I'm sorry, I should have taken this post off, cause I found my answer in the soft skin section. Besides I never did like them automatic adjusters, if you miss a grease job, they don't work right, and even if you keep them greased well, the dirt still gets in them, and causes them to not work right some times.

I never was that hard on my brakes so I didn't haft to adjust mine that often anyway. I got 400,000 miles out of the trailer brake shoes, and over 500,000 miles on my drive axle brake shoes, and I changed the steering axle shoes at a 1,000,000 miles. So I was only adjusting them once a month, and most of them didn't need it.

So automatic adjusters would freeze up on me, that is like I bought outboard drums thinking I'd save not hafting to take the hubs off, during a shoe change, but by the time I change them anyway, I needed to look at the bearings anyway.

So the outboard drums was a waste of money, that I didn't need to spend.
Kerry
 _GOTOTOP