_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
'53 Ford Flipnose - pics
Bishop
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 119 posts
Auto Modeler: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 06:51 PM UTC
Here is an AMT 1:24 kit I've been building for a bit, like to do something different in between armor kits. Some of you may remember my post about my dog eating half of this model when I was about half done with it...so that explains the identical unpainted cab in the background of one of the pics, (yep, I bought it again so I could finish).....Didnt do too much detailing, sanded the raised wires on the firewall and added my own, also had to add top and bottom radiator hoses...mostly just trying to hone my skills with the airbrush and such...The paint isnt really as bad as it looks...model is just pretty dirty right now..

Major_Goose
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 11:07 PM UTC
Well it looks pretty nice i have to say .The engine compartement comes liek that or u added some detail. U keeped the chrome painted parts as they come or u painted them over? just asking cause i plan to work some on 1/24 models of civilians in the coming future, and like to know few bits on them
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 11:35 PM UTC
Pretty cool ride. Will you keep the matt black finish or will you gloscoat it?

I'm working on a '66 Buick Wildcat. I hope I will have it finished soon.
Bishop
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 119 posts
Posted: Friday, February 04, 2005 - 01:40 AM UTC
Thanks for the comments...Major_Goose, I didnt do too much to the engine compartment, besides add the wiring on the firewall. The hood/front fenders is all one piece so didnt do too much work to those either, mostly OOB...By the way, the wiring was done using steel leader from some saltwater fishing line I had laying around...I kept the chrome plated parts for the engine, but I did add a some heavily thinned flat black to the rims to show a little depth...

Hwa-Rang, I think I will keep the flat black finish, maybe clean it up a little tho. I think the matte body color really says "50's era" if you know what i mean!
NOSFERATTU
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 231 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 05:56 AM UTC
Yes,wonderfull.Rad rod version very nice.
 _GOTOTOP