_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
Junkyard '53 Ford (update, pics)
Bishop
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 119 posts
Auto Modeler: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 10, 2005 - 02:02 AM UTC
I've done a little work on the body, added some rust...but not quite enough in my book. i have made some cinder blocks out of some foam I had layin around, I know they are a little big for the scale, but after an entire bottle of merlot they are as good as they are going to get....
Here are a couple updated progress pics, still gotta work on the rims and finish the hood...enjoy!

Gunfighter
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 743 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 10, 2005 - 02:52 AM UTC
Looks great! Being from a mostly rural area in Western PA, this brings back a lot of memories seeing trucks and cars just like this in fields along the back roads.
Mech-Maniac
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 10, 2005 - 11:58 AM UTC
awsome, looks like my 1950 chevy pickup waiting to be restored in my driveway
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 10, 2005 - 05:40 PM UTC
That looks awesome Allen. Could you tell us a little about how you painted the rust?
Bishop
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 119 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 10, 2005 - 08:06 PM UTC
Well, to start with, the body was airbrushed ghost gray, and I have a bottle of Testors "rust" paint that I thinned a little and applied somewhat randomly, thicker in some places. Now while that was still a little wet, I took some black and dark red pastels and scraped them with a knife so the powder coated the truck, once it dried it added a little depth to the rust, and added some color variations that arent real evident in the pics. Once dry I used a large brush to spread the pastel dust around to dirty up the rest of the truck, leaving small amounts of dust stuck to the rust in some spots....Still need to do some weathering in the panel lines, but its coming along nicely. The pastel chalk dust really brought it to life in my opinion...
NOSFERATTU
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 231 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 05:33 AM UTC
Very nice.
 _GOTOTOP