_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
BMW Z3 in Progress...
shonen_red
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
Auto Modeler: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 - 02:38 AM UTC

Body of the Z3. Painted entirely with Tamiya red enamel using AB. A bit more of touch-up here especially the lower parts

Lower body. More touchup in this area. ABed first with red enamel and brushed on semi-gloss black

Added some floor mattings. Will redo it again at a later date.

Windshield painted. OMG it sucks! Any tips on removing that enamel paint on the sides and polishing it to very clear glass? Also, any tips on masking off the windows?
rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,888 posts
Auto Modeler: 806 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 - 06:12 AM UTC
Your BMW looks pretty good Ralph, that windshield is going to be tough to fix, you can try to scrape the paint of with the sharpened wood end of a small paint brush gently sometimes that works assuming its flat black, also try maybe some plastic polish. If that does not work maybe some brush cleaner on rag but that will fog the window then you will have to polish it. To polish your window the Novus polishing system works great on paint and plastic and it will fix that window to. if you don't want to spend money on the Novus system try a real car cleaning wax that may work. I am curious to see how your floor mats turn out. keep us posted. I hope these tips work they have worked for me. Good luck
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 - 07:07 PM UTC
Hi Ralph

Here's two links on how to paint windowframes.

http://www.briansmodelcars.com/tutorials/tutorial.asp?TutorialID=42&CurPage=1

http://www.tamiya.com/english/howto/car1/tip4.htm

Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
Auto Modeler: 76 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 - 01:11 AM UTC
Ralph, for removing the paint, try dipping a Q-tip in some Goo-Gone. It should removie it. I'd test it on a spare piece of plastic to be sure it doesn't attack it. Have used this stuff for awhile and it works well. "Q"
 _GOTOTOP