_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars: Other Racing
For automotive racing topics not already covered.
Porsche GT-1 EVO ref pics?
PorkChop
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3,179 posts
Auto Modeler: 18 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 04:44 PM UTC
Any idea of web sites that feature good "walkaround" style photos of the Porsche GT-1 EVO? Or at least shots of the powerplant and rear suspension?

Thanks in advance!
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Auto Modeler: 256 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 06:08 PM UTC
Hey Nathan this is about all I can find, the info on this car is really not out there. Not sure if you seen these or not but just in case...

PorkChop
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 05:29 AM UTC
Joe:
That is exaclty what I needed. Thanks!
After a ateemps of searching the net over th years, I agree that this one is a toughy when it comes to refs. Thanks for finding them!

Now to build my first car in years (MAYBE)..... Looks like a need a few new anodized blue and red paints...
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Auto Modeler: 256 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 06:34 AM UTC
Hey Nat

Not sure if you know this or not but this is how I create anodized colors. I first paint the part using MM aluminum non-buffing metalizer, then I go over the part using Tamiya’s clear blue or red thinned about 70% paint 30% thinner

rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,888 posts
Auto Modeler: 806 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 08:10 AM UTC
Wow Nate you didn't exactly pick an easy car to start with, great pictures mother on that Porsche i am dragging those to my desktop, and that dragster is amazing.
PorkChop
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 02:09 PM UTC
Joe:
Looks like an effective method and I have most of what I need for it (I think), but it will be a good excue to go to the hobby store this weekend anyway. Obviously it produces good results on your vehicles.

RV:
Actually it's a really nice Revell kit, I was a bit surprised. I have a few others as well. Kinda nice not having to worry about flesh tones.
 _GOTOTOP