For NASCAR car kits.
In progress 2001 Winston cup car.
Delbert
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,659 posts
Auto Modeler: 26 posts
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2005 - 01:34 AM UTC
just thought I'd post an in progress photo of my current project to help out the "civilian models forums" and besides i'm rather happy how this paint came out.

This car is going to have a set of custom decals and number so its not a standard color scheme u see here.

Model Master Gloss Yellow and MM Gloss Red.. I'm mostly an armor modeler and this is the first time i've used gloss colors through the airbrush. and the body has not received a coat of clear gloss yet.. this is just the paint.. I also used the Novus polishing system and micromesh sanding pads to "level" the paint (I think thats the word) and remove minor sanding scratchs..

for a first try at sanding down gloss paints I'm fairly pleased with the results.. I will say this is a totally different critter from my regular flat paints... lol

My nascar build page
PorkChop
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3,179 posts
Auto Modeler: 18 posts
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2005 - 10:11 AM UTC
Delbert:
Nice sharp line there. Daunting choice of colors (using red and yellow together). I suspect you have seen this, but it looks like there's a stray spot of red on the left side of the roof (on that thingy)
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Auto Modeler: 59 posts
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2005 - 10:31 AM UTC
I'm hoping to do a single color car myself. Yours looks very nice. We should have some interesting results, bunch of armor modelers hacking at NASCARs
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Auto Modeler: 256 posts
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2005 - 11:00 AM UTC
Nice jod Delbert. What sponsor decals you using. If you need any extras of anything let me know, I have a box full of all sorts. I have my body painted and decaled, now I just need to finish the rollcage. I think I work on it during the race tonight. How about you, watching it tonight. Can't wait for the All-Star race next Satarday.
Delbert
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,659 posts
Auto Modeler: 26 posts
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2005 - 12:36 PM UTC
Yep should be interesting for a bunch of armor modelers making some Nascar's ... I had first thought of doing an OD green machine but then I thought I'd try and expand my skills into the realm of gloss....

as for the color I like bright yellow... and the red just seemed to follow..... thinking the wheels will also be gloss red too.. :>

the decals for this car are in the works.. custom sponser i think and prob the # 68.. (my old nascar 2002 online car number)

and also porkchop that isn't just a spot of red... the masking line for the red color runs across the roof line just above the back window and the right side "thingie" tip is just into the red area...

and thanks for the offer mother but I think I have enough stuff to do a simple scheme :>

Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2005 - 10:29 PM UTC
Very nice paintjob Delbert. I like you choice of colors. Definitely an eyecatcher.
rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,888 posts
Auto Modeler: 806 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 09:43 AM UTC
The paint looks very good Delbert, i love the Novus polishing system it works great, again good job.
DODGE01RT
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 545 posts
Auto Modeler: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2005 - 05:50 AM UTC
Nice start.The first gloss paint I did after so many years of painting armour didn't turn out as well as yours.
But you had to do a Chevy? :-) (look at my call sign)
Again nice work so far.
Jim
SgtWilhite
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 470 posts
Auto Modeler: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, June 03, 2005 - 07:32 PM UTC
I've been building NASCAR cars again since 1992. I've probably built 50 or so. Just got back into military stuff 2 years ago. You look like you've got a good build going there. If anyone needs any decals or extra parts, let me know. I have a ton of stuff I never used.
 _GOTOTOP