_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
Revell's 1/25 69' Z-28 Camaro RS
Elad
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
KitMaker: 458 posts
Auto Modeler: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, June 03, 2005 - 10:36 PM UTC

hey all,

I'm currently working on this kit.

in the box it looks very nice with good detail and minimal flash but once I started building it the fit problems started showing up.
the white plastic is not so comfortable to work with either. its hard but brittle and doesnt react as well as other plastics to the Humbrol liquid cement I'm using.

anyone tried this kit or the other Revellogram Camaros?

TIA.
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 04, 2005 - 01:41 AM UTC
Hi Elad.

Haven't build any Revell/Monograms Camaro's, but I have build a few similar models from RM. I had no problems with gluing the plastic. I have always used Revell glue.
There might be traces of a release agent on the plastic. Rlease agent's are usually silicone based and will prevent the glue from binding. Try to clean the plastic parts with soap or a little rubing alcohol.
DaveMan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 137 posts
Auto Modeler: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2005 - 02:12 AM UTC
I have built a couple of the RM Camaros. (Baldwin motion and Yenko) THey are nice kits. I agree with hte mold release. Also Revell plastic can be a touch harder than some of the plastic used in aircraft kits. No problem, just be careful, and don't force things.

One thing you might want to watch out for is the final assembly. With the front and rear rollpans glued on, it is a really tight fit to get the chassis under the body. Practice this step before painting the car, and figure out how you are going to do it. One time, I painted the roll pans serarately from the body, and added them after the chassis was in place. (I had to touch up the seam slightly though, and that required a paint touchup)

Good luck
It's a nice kit

Dave
 _GOTOTOP