_GOTOBOTTOM
The Garage
For general automotive modeling or non-modeling topics.
Im build a porsche......
boicot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Michoacan, Mexico
KitMaker: 9 posts
Auto Modeler: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 - 11:07 AM UTC
Hi! im restoring a porsche form monogram, and i have a doubt, why can i polish the car, cause it have a lot of scracths

thenks
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Auto Modeler: 256 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 - 02:06 PM UTC
Hello boicot welcome to Armorama.

Use of a model polishing kit. You can use polishing kit like Detail Master Polishing Kit. They are made up of polishing cloths of different grades like: 1800, 2400, 3600, 4000, 6000, 8000 and 12000 grit. The process here is to use the coarser ones to even out the surface and then the finer ones -- without skipping any -- to remove the scratches from the previous one. After this you can use the carnauba wax to get the finial shine.

Here is a link to a web site:
http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/dtm/dtm9000.htm?source=froogle

I'm sure you can find them at any of your favorite on-line hobby sites or hobby stores.

Another way is to use a rubbing compond found at your local auto parts store. Using a cotton t-shirt wraped around your finger dab some compound and rub in a straight up and down motion. You have to be carefull here as not to rub to hard and rub the paint of. Your best is to practice on something already painted. Once you feel comfortable enough, go at it with your model car. Good luck and again welcome.
 _GOTOTOP