_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
Mack Questions ?
straightedge
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,352 posts
Auto Modeler: 100 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 - 05:42 AM UTC
Sense I haven't been out in the world running no more, and kind of stay in the house all the time now, I really don't get some of the latest news, but what I seen on this last website got me to wondering.

On this site they had a Mack Trident, and a Mack Titan, and a Mack Vauliner. What I was wondering was are these brand new models, or are these European versions to the CH, and R model, and I can't remember the letters for the new one with the V8 in it, I think CL, but I'm not sure, but does anybody else know anything about Mack's

See there used to be the R model, and the superliner, for road models, they had a lot of other construction ones, but I'm only talking about the road ones, so then they went to the CH then the Mack vision or something like that, then that was the last I heard until I seen these models, and I just never seen or heard of these Trident, Titan, or Vauliner before, so could somebody clue me in on what they are exactly.

Thank You a head of time
Kerry
Stormbringer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
Auto Modeler: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 - 04:00 PM UTC
Kerry
If you look here

Hanks Truck Pictures

It will show what these Macks look like. Judging by the roo bars (Sorry Cliff) on the front and air intakes etc I would say that they are for the Australian market.

HTH
Pete
straightedge
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,352 posts
Auto Modeler: 100 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 02:37 AM UTC
Some of them look a little different in style, now a lot of it is only just simple things like taking the intake vents out, and putting in different intakes, plus they all have bull catchers, but why do they change their names.

Now these pictures look more like the American trucks, and it looks like they are giving their names from their interior packages, cause I looked at them names, and that is what we call the interior packages here.

Like the picture showing the Mack with the name Elite, now that is the interior package I got in my truck when I bought it, there is 3 or 4 different interior packages I believe.

Now them models I looked at on that web site though seemed to have a little different hood design to them, that they must of change them for over there, cause I don't remember seeing anything like that here, even with the minor modifications.
 _GOTOTOP