_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars: Other Racing
For automotive racing topics not already covered.
A1 GP cars
Snowhand
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Auto Modeler: 234 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 06, 2005 - 07:00 AM UTC
Would anyone happen to know wheather these cars are coming up in either kit form or die-cast ?

Would be a cheap investment, since all cars are the same ( with the possible exemption of the rims ) ..., but you can sell 25 different versions

umustb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 1,396 posts
Auto Modeler: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, November 07, 2005 - 03:11 PM UTC
Haven't heard or seen any...

They might appear, but not so soon I guess. They've got competition from F1 cars..
Donald99
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 265 posts
Posted: Monday, November 07, 2005 - 06:15 PM UTC
Same here. Haven't heard of any yet.

I think Richard's idea makes commercial sense. Fujimi applies the same principle to produce various versions of the same production cars (eg. Honda Integra) in 1/24 scale and the only differences are in the decal sheet, the rims and the spoilers. They have been doing this for years so they must be able to make profit out of it.

F1 may be more glamourous but A1's advantage is in the national identity. It will not just attracts modellers or motor racing fans but will also penetrate the makets which has less traditional supporters of the sport. Just imagine how many potential consumers are there in India and China or even Lebanon and another country which is yet to score a point. Although they are yet to be competitive, just being there in the race has already drawn attentions.

With only four (or should I say 8?)races completed, A1 is still too new to draw wide spread attentions. I think by the time you see more sponsors appearing on the cars, that would be the time to check out the kit manufacturers production list, IMHO.

BTW, well done Netherlands for scoring again last weekend.
umustb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 1,396 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 - 03:15 AM UTC
Without a doubt, selling 25 different nations A1 cars would definately bring the manufacturers a whole load of profit.

Personally though, I think the A1 organizers must come up with a better marketing strategy to increase the viewership of their races before major kit makers get down to their drawing boards and start manufacturing them.

I would love to see an A1 car when I enter my LHS...
Snowhand
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Auto Modeler: 234 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 - 07:29 AM UTC
well, the last four races definately have been entertaining... more tension than the whole formula 1 seasons 2001 and 2004 together :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Don't worry.. A1 will get there...

there is only one thing it doesn't have yet... top speed.. that simply is lacking compared to, say F1, champ cars or IRL cars...

Still.. every car is basically the same, so it's the driver that matters, and there are some pretty good drivers around ( Premat, Lapierre, Jani, Kerr, Verstappen, Piquet jr )
 _GOTOTOP