_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
HELP!! 67 Chevelle, wiring and brake lines!!!
modeltech
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 15 posts
Auto Modeler: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2005 - 07:06 PM UTC
Can any of you, help me with brake line and fuel line locations for the bottom of my chevelle??? i am finishing details up and i want to put brake lines and fuel lines in the correct places!!! thanks ahead of time for any help or photos!!

Shannon
Joker
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 813 posts
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2005 - 07:32 PM UTC
Hi Shannon,
I just had a look through my Chev service and body manuals but no clear views, try " Year One" and they might be able to help out, maybe somewhere in there is what your after
HTH
Joker
Vadster
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 987 posts
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2005 - 07:57 PM UTC
go to your local public library and see if they have the Chilton's total car care repair manual for that year of Chevelle - that book will have everything you need for stock wiring, brake lines, etc., etc.
Cuhail
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Auto Modeler: 310 posts
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2005 - 08:40 PM UTC
Shannon, buddy,
One: I have to agree with Alex, a trip to the library and a few dimes for photocopies will give you all the ref material ya need.
Two: As a modeler of both 1/35 and 1/25, wouldn't ya kill for the details that 1/35 has on just a few 1/25 car kits? I mean Jeez, would it be so hard to mold some undercarriage/suspension part that are separate from the bottom piece? Or even crisp molding?

I only ask because I have been concentrating on 1/35 since my return to the hobby some 6-7 years now. As a kid I did a lot of 1/25 MPC, Monogram, etc. and now I pick up this GTO model (My absolute FAVORITE build as a teen) , and start building, I realize that I am scratchbuilding all the stuff I know should be there or that should at least look right. I've built a whole new rearend, master brake cylinder and power booster and I'm now thinking about brake and fuel lines.

Don't it just drive ya buggy?

Cuhail
modeltech
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 15 posts
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2005 - 09:10 PM UTC
Cuhail, certainly does drive you buggy!! i have alot of 35th scale armor, i have been building, but i decided to take a break and build a few autos!! after buiding alot of dragon armour and that with the pe and the great details it kind of spoils you and also ruins you into wanting all of the fine detail in anything you build!!! i bought the 66 mustang resto rod kit (by amt) and was so disappointed when i opened it up, because all parts were moulded to the frame!!! and metal axles!!! i will say that the revell kits like the chevelle that i am building is a really detailed kit!!! exhaust is seperate, rearend is seperate, the springs and so on!! i have even found resin door handles because some the door handles on these kits are solid and really missed shape!!! dont get me wrong i love this hobby, and its funny how you strive to build better and more detailed the more you build!!! the library sounds good!! i was hoping to be lazy and somebody would have a pic!!

Shannon
 _GOTOTOP