_GOTOBOTTOM
Cars
Discuss all types of automotive modeling here.
help with my 70 Dodge Challenger T/A
Manchu34
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 493 posts
Auto Modeler: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 11:37 AM UTC
Finally, after 35 years, I finally own my teenage car, a 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A with the 340 cid 6 pack. No, it's a 1/24 scale Revell kit I wish it was the real one.

Anyways, I want to make it as close to real deal as possible. I'd like to paint it what Chrylser called the 1970 "Bright Red" anyone know what red would be close to it?

THe final product will be Bright Red exterior and the rare interior of White.

Will post photos as it progresses
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 6,760 posts
Auto Modeler: 2,182 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 03:13 PM UTC
The '70 T/A Challenger is one of my favorit cars. I'm actually planing on building my Revell/Monogram T/A Challenger very soon.

Humbrol makes a bright red(Humbrol #19) which I think is pretty close to the mopar bright red.

Here's an excellent AAR/TA homepage.
http://www.aarta.com/welcome.html

Looking forward to see some in progress shots.

I have a fair amount of Mopar books and magazines. If need be just ask away.
Manchu34
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Missouri, United States
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2005 - 10:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have a fair amount of Mopar books and magazines. If need be just ask away.

Yes, I can think of a few images if you can provide them. images showing the spark plug wiring and their order or fire. other good images showing the engine compartment. IE: cooling hosues, etc.

email them to my personal email: [email protected]

Though the 70 T/A is my favorite I still like the enter line. The power/white ratio etc. A lot of people don't know that it was one of the few US muscle cars that could handle all engines it's company could offer. Though the base model came with the 318 CID, options incled the 340 CID with a 4 barrel or 3x two barrels (6 pack), 340 CID Magnum, 383 CID, 383 CID Magnum, 440 CID, 440 CID Magnum, and the Famous 426 CID HEMI. I have either personal seen one or read about it.

OBTW, as a young teenager, (68-73) my father owned a Dodge Dealership and I either got to sit and some even drive. MOPAR muscle cars like the 70 Challenger T/A (drove a short distance), the Super Bee, the 69 Daytona Dodge Charger. The most impressive besides the T/A was a custom order Super Bee that came with a 4 speed attached to a 440 CID Magnum equiped with 2x 4 barrels.
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2005 - 07:37 PM UTC
I'll browse my books and scan the pictures. Might take a few days though.

I'm quite positive, that I have seen a pe set for '70 Challenger. Can't remember where I have seen it.

Quoted Text

OBTW, as a young teenager, (68-73) my father owned a Dodge Dealership and I either got to sit and some even drive

You are one lucky dude.
A friend of mine, is restorering a '70 Challenger R/T(1/1 scale) Hopefully it will be finished mid summer next year. That will be my first time in a Mopar.
rv1963
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,888 posts
Auto Modeler: 806 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 05:54 AM UTC
The model car garage has a PE set for a 1970 Challenger. I may also have a few picks of engine details for this car i will check, it may also take a few days as access to a scanner is in work.
http://www.modelcargarage.com/mcg_main.cfm
Manchu34
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Missouri, United States
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2006 - 12:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

You are one lucky dude.
A friend of mine, is restorering a '70 Challenger R/T(1/1 scale) Hopefully it will be finished mid summer next year. That will be my first time in a Mopar.

IMHO, You'll love it. Its been over 30 years since the lst time I road in a Challenger, but I can still remember the thrill in both riding and driving one. Though, I wish I could drive one today. Especially, since i have far better driving skills, etc.

BTW, what size engine does your friend have? Hopefully at least the 340 with a 4 barrel carb.
Hwa-Rang
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2006 - 03:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

BTW, what size engine does your friend have?

My friend has a 383, in his plum crazy Challenger.

Here are a in progress picture.
http://www.musclecars.dk/Animations/DKChallenger/138.jpg
He has build quite a lot on the car since this picture was taken.

btw did you get my mail, with the engine pics?
 _GOTOTOP